| Teldat LTE H1-Auto+ Routers|
Rugged wireless 4G / LTE routers for secure broadband-to-the-vehicle services.
Enable secure, high speed 4G / LTE and WiFi broadband connectivity for all transit agencies (buses, light rail and train) and first responders (police, Fire/EMS...) for multimedia managed services including video, telemetry, passenger services, vehicle health, dispatch & tracking, and ALPR.
The Teldat H1-Auto+ Series Router is a rugged communications platform that enables highly available, reliable and secure broadband cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity to the vehicle tightly integrated with a transit agency's back-end IT infrastructure. Multiple services across departments and transit agencies can be delivered over a single platform reducing equipment, connectivity and operational costs of communications.
This router combines a robust mechanical design, appropriate for in-vehicle, with versatile broadband Wi-Fi and wired communications port layout appropriate for transit agencies. The router is powered by Teldat’s Internetworking Software (CIT), offering a robust enterprise-class IP protocol stack for the efficient implementation of multiple managed VPN services via mobile access.
The Teldat H1-Auto+ router installed base can be centrally managed by Teldat’s network management platform (Teldages); or seamlessly integrated into existing IT network management systems on first responders and public safety mission critical scenarios.
With the advent of commercial and public safety 4G / LTE networks, both mass transit agencies and first responders with police and fire / EMS can reap the benefits of real-time access to on-board systems and collaborate across departments and agencies.
- Transit Agency: provide real-time access for on board cameras and DVR systems on buses, light rail and trains in conjunction with CAD/AVL and fare collection. This transit agency router Wi-Fi can support passenger Internet access of any transit agency, yet prioritized with first responder access and fast uploads in the field or at the yard, where buses, light rail and trains are stationed.
- Police: significantly enhance situational awareness with car-to-car video as well as direct access to live video from buses en-route. IT framework allows for ease of application integration including CAD/AVL, e-ticketing and ALPR. Mobile 4G / LTE broadband additionally allows for smooth integration with public safety IT infrastructure extending security and management end-to-end through the network.
- Fire: another first responder, who can obtain live streaming video and tracking of both personnel and field asset at the scene of an incident locally and at the command center.
- Embedded broadband radio interfaces for true high speed connectivity to on-board applications
- Multiple wireless modem and SIM support for automatic failsafe backup through an alternative cellular broadband network, essential for any first responder
- Robust mechanical and electrical design, optimized for unattended vehicle installations
- Embedded Wi-Fi 802.11n interfaces, with configurable operation mode (Access Point or Client) and optimized transmission and reception features, all of which have proved to be highly efficent for transit agencies
- Ethernet switch extends an enterprise-class LAN network for serving in-vehicle devices such as security cameras/DVR, on-board computers, etc.
- GPS with state of the art features, including fastest time to first fix
- Hardware-based data encryption for the highest performance in multi-VPN transmission
- Teldat Internetworking Software (CIT): complete suite of IP networking protocols, VPN security and firewall features and IT professional-grade router management tools
- Centralized router management through TeldaGES or third party platforms
Reliable 4G / LTE wireless-WAN broadband performance
4G / LTE cellular interfaces provide uninterrupted vehicle connectivity and application continuity across multiple commercial carriers or between private municipal pr public safety 4G / LTE services and commercial networks
- Automatic selection of the best available connection:
Passive link supervision: both the signal coverage, the technology availability, the IP transmission service status and the transmission activity are permanently controlled
Poll-based link supervision: not only failures but also degradations in 4G/LTE communications are detected, notified and corrected. The router controls error rate, link latency and jitter to guarantee utmost performance on the streaming transmission (i.e. real-time IP-CCTV image transmission or voice)
- Tight integration of internal cellular modules for shock and vibration resilience, improved radio transmission and reception, protection against theft, advanced monitoring for troubleshooting, etc. (as opposed to non-professional USB based solutions)
- Up to three antennas per radio interface, maximize coverage at any location
- WWAN+ proprietary optimization of network protocols for improved communication over cellular networks
Multipurpose embedded Wi-Fi
- Embedded WLAN interfaces with configurable or location based client / access point modes
- Vehicle-ready Wi-Fi: better transmission, flexible frequency operation (2,4 and 5 GHz required on first responder routers), extended temperature range, reduced component aging, surge circuit protection and power efficiency
- State of the art Wi-Fi security guarantees communication privacy and confidentiality
- Multiple service coexistence based on independent SSIDs and Quality of Service
- Intelligent roaming management based on signal level
Mechanical and hardware design optimized for to in-vehicle installation
- Anti-shock and anti-vibration protection, and high temperature dissipation (-20 - 160 ºF / -30 - +70°C), vital for any first responder or transit agency vehicle
- Fed from the vehicle 12VDC or 24VDC battery using robust connector
- Optimized power consumption expands the vehicle battery autonomy
- Wall, ceiling and horizontal surface mounting options. Small compact enclosure to minimize bus cabinet/police patrol car trunk space
- Embedded advanced GPS, supporting state of the art features to support critical location based applications
- Meets or exceeds relevant parts of SAE J1455 certification for shock, vibration, and drop.
Fully Managed Ethernet Switch Ports
- Full VLAN support, per-VLAN QoS, per-port Ethernet diagnostics and SNMP management allows for the implementation of efficient and secured in-vehicle LAN networks, of special interest to any transit agency that has many devices connected on-board
Enterprise Class Internetworking Intelligence
- Dynamic routing protocols favor the implementation of scalable corporate VPN networks
- Multiple service support, based on advanced QoS: hierarchical traffic analysis, labeling and prioritization, guarantees bandwidth to critical application priorizations for sharing limited bandwidth resources
- IP forwarding policy based on the real-time status of the transmission link (packet loss, delay, jitter)
- Multiple virtual router instances, for simultaneous independent agency / jurisdiction service over the same platform
Key Advantages over Modems and Gateways
- Supports multiple embedded or existing external access links (P25, etc.), to guarantee service continuity
- Extends public safety data network security requirements to the fixed remote and mobile edge
- Manages multiple services from various transit or police agencies and jurisdictions over a single converged platform, with each agency maintaining its own virtual network ownership experience
- Efficiently uses links to transmit various applications, based on application criticality, required bandwidth, nominal and available bandwidth, etc.
- Allows for shared access to in-vehicle resources (incluiding cameras/DVRs, MDTs/CPUs and displays), critical for a public safety
Meets Police Mobile Access Security Imperatives
Best in class performance in Mobile VPNs:
- Advanced IPSec features such as digital certificates, extended authentication, reverse-route injection, etc.
- Multiple simultaneous secured tunnels for application continuity
- IP filtering, MAC filtering and stateful firewall protect the router against cyber attacks
- Compatible with external SIEM systems
Crypto-processor incorporated for wire-speed data encryption
- Router management engine adapted for mission-critical applications used with public safety routers
- Router configuration resides on a single human-readable, editable text configuration file
- Comprehensive cellular interface event logging system (signal strength, serving cell, etc.) , to facilitate remote troubleshooting on moving vehicles of public safety and transit agencies
- SNMP and Teldat MIB support for all the router interfaces, protocols and advanced functionalities
- Integrated into the Teldat Management System (Teldages) and into existing third party network management platforms
- Teldages platform is a centralized graphical interface for efficient bus and police fleet communications management: network health, statistics, alarms, advanced real time access to router status and configuration, massive configuration and software upgrades, comprehensive inventory, etc.
- Remote firmware and configuration upgraded through FTP and TFTP