Add connectivity to trains, light rail and subway
Whatever type of rolling stock, add 4G/LTE connectivity for both passengers and staff.
Although road vehicles have probably being installing routers and communications platforms for a longer period of time, now connectivity to Internet onboard trains, light railways, subways and other types of rolling stock is now more widespread.
Indeed, Internet on trains has taken longer because although conditions for a router aboard any type of moving element is always difficult, onboard trains they are much tougher.
Moreover, the governing bodies that set the rules for devices installed on trains and other rolling stock are very strict.
Obtaining certifications are extremely demanding Internet onboard rolling stock opens up a large spectrum of opportunities due to the fact that electricity supply is abundant and constant aboard rail.
Teldat has developed the Teldat H1-Rail, a specific communications platform for commuter, metro, light rail, subway, and freight trains.
Combined with the Teldat APR222n, rugged access points for any type of rolling stock, Teldat offers a solution that improves the transit experience for both Passengers and Operations staff.
- Passengers need connectivity to Internet whilst on any type of transportation. Whether on a commuter train or on business journey via high speed train. The reasons for Internet connectivity may be different, but connectivity is always a requirement.
- Especially for trains on routes that have a higher level of insecurity. These trains can have live video onboard connected directly to the control centers whilst the trains are in motion, so that actions can be taken as soon as a security issue arises. This will increase the security of both travelers and staff.
- Using the combination of only one H1-Rail communication platform and various APR-222n access points, one train with many wagons can be totally connected from the first to the last wagon. However, if required more than one H1-Rail router can be installed for extra security.
- Fallback to the Internet is achieved even with only one H1-Rail router and communication platform. Each router can have two SIM cards (dual SIM), so as to have a resilient telecommunication operator. Hence one will act as the main line network and the second would act as the fallback network. The resilient network is automatically activated by the H1-Rail router.
- Depending on the geographical areas in which trains have to work in, temperatures can vary considerably. Teldat H1-Rail and APR-222n access points can withstand temperatures from -30º C to +70º C (-20º F to 160º F). This is essential as not all world regions have mild climates.
4G/LTE connectivity for passengers
Increased security for all
One H1-Rail for many wagons
Dual Carrier connectivity
Extreme temperature solutions
The H1-Rail and the APR222n access points were used by a high-tech international rolling stock company to be part of a project to incorporate on a new suburban railway infrastructure in New Zealand.
The combination of these two products allowed LTE connectivity whilst trains were in movement and permitted Wi-Fi related services to be offered to travelers.
- Broadband with simultaneous LTE connections
- 4G/LTE dual-SIM for operator redundancy
- Railway hardware design
- Embeddable on management platforms
- Aggregation/balance for application continuity
- Isolated and secure multi-service communications
- Wi-Fi 802.11abgn certification with two radio modules
- Control of client quantity and band steering
- Security through ACLs/WIDS&WIPS
- Use of 20/40MHz channels