By combining two of the most popular fixed access methods (Ethernet and Fiber) and 3G/4G connectivity, as an extremely effective backup mechanism, the Teldat RS123 router family is the ultimate IP communications solution for small and medium offices.
The Teldat RS123 router family also covers the main requirements for LAN connectivity including a 4xport GE switch, a Wi-Fi access point depending on the model and WLAN controller for additional APs.
The bintec routers delivers advanced encryption and security with IPSec VPNs with an exceptional performance.
Teldat RS123 series are a professional family routers specially adapted to SMEs or branch locations
4 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports with advanced VLAN functions, 802.1p/q/x and 802.11n Wi-Fi access point.
Teldat´s command-line configurable operating system, backed by hundreds of thousands of units in the most demanding environments and carrier services.
Fanless-metal housing, they offer long-term reliability for business-critical applications and make them suitable for office installation(no noise).
The Teldat RS123 family of routers has a powerful hardware architecture that allows symmetrical 100 Mbps bandwidth with enabled services. There are several router models aimed at communications services in remote offices that are fully integrated within the management system of suppliers and operators or can be controlled using Teldat Cloud NetManager which is the management tool for the Teldat product line.
The RS123 family has an optimized design in costs and with its different models can perfectly adapt to the requirements of a medium office. It includes all the functions required to a professional router, such as routing (RIP, OSPF, BGP, VRF, PolicyRouting, ...), security (ACLs, Firewall, IPSec, 802.1X, ...), quality of service (CBWFQ, PQ, profiling, ...), or management (CLI, SNMPv3, RADIUS, TACACS +, Syslog, Netflow, Mirroring, ...)
Figure 1: Flexible WAN/LAN connectivity
The Teldat RS123 routers are reliable in branch office/SOHO scenarios thanks to its WAN connections and optimized architecture with hardware encryption.
4G-LTE wireless access is the perfect backup medium as it uses different infrastructure to fixed connections. The router can manage 4G-LTE and fixed connections simultaneously for load-balancing purposes.
The built-in switch is ideal for small offices because it eliminates the need for an external switch, thus reducing costs and points of failure. Auto detectable 10/100/1000 speed, duplex and self-negotiable ports.
With the Teldat RS123 routers, you also have the option of an 802.11n Wi-Fi access point (2.4 or 5 GHz) with 2x2 MIMO antenna technology and external access point controller. Multi-SSID configuration supported.
Corporate communications require corporate security. The Teldat RS123 routers provides the state-of-the-art in security: ACLs, Firewall, 802.1x, IPSec, Level 7 filtering (optional deep packet inspection required)
Complete SIP server with basic SBC (session border controller) included by default. It can be used to isolate/conceal the internal voice network, to improve voice security, and for survival purposes.
The Teldat RS123 router software includes all the advanced functions needed in corporate networks and operator services, ready for the most demanding scenarios like MPLS and managed services.
Lack of space in small offices often means that routers have to be placed in the work area. The Teldat RS123 routers are specially designed for such environments.
Managed services from carriers or ISPs usually requires out-of-band management to prevent them from interfering with customer networks. The console port is the most common method for this management.
The Teldat RS123 router includes a WLAN controller and let you configure small- and mid-sized WLAN networks with up to 6 access points.The software continually monitors the entire wireless network for troubleshooting.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- LAN connectivity
- 4x 10/100/1000 ports (LAN/WAN/DMZ configurable)
- RJ45 connector, 802.3i, 802.3u, 802.3ab, autosensing, IEEE 802.3u,
- VLAN and 802.1x
- WAN Combo GE & SFP
- 1x 10/100/1000 LAN port
- 1x 1000 Mbps SFP slot (Optional, license required)
- Wi-Fi interface (RS123w/RS123 w-4G models)
- Selectable 802.11abgn access point mode (2.4/5 GHz)
- 2x2 MIMO external antennas (SMA connector)
- WEP, WPA, WPA2 security. WMM QoS, multi SSID
- WWAN interface (RS123-4G model)
- Built-in hardware module with LTE/HSPA+/GPRS/GSM
- Technology and 2 external antennas with SMA connector
- USB 2.0 host interface for USB 3G/4G sticks
- Teldat RS123 models
- RS123L: 4+1GE, USB Port and 19" Rackmounting*
- RS123wL: 4+1GE + Wlan 802.11n, USB Port and 19" Rackmounting*
- RS123w4GL: 4+1GE + Wlan 802.11n + LTE, USB Port and 19" Rackmounting*
- Dimensions and environmental specifications
- L x W x H: 170 x 265 x 40 mm, Approximate weight: 1.4 Kg
- Format: Desktop, wall and rack mounting
- Temperature: 0 to 40 ºC, Storage: -25ºC to 70ºC,
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- IP protocol
- ARP, ARP Proxy, MTU discovery, NAT/PAT, ECMP, BFD
- RIP, OSPF, BGP, policy based static(PBR) and dynamic routing
- Virtual Router Forwarding (Multi-VRF)
- IP protocol (2)
- Multicast: IGMP (v1,v2, v3), PIM-SM, MSDP, MLD, MLDv2
- IPSLA service probes (delay, packet loss, jitter)
- High availability: VRRP, TVRP/HSRP
- IPSec support in transport and tunnel mode. DMVPN
- Pre-shared authentication, RSA, Certificates, MDS, SHA-2
- Encrypted: DES (56 bits), 3DES (168 bits), AES (128, 192 and 256 bits)
- Security (2)
- Certificates: CSR, SCEP, X.509v3, PKIX, LDAP revocation
- Static and dynamic access lists(ACLs) and session-based Firewall, SPI
- DoS/DDoS detection
- IP services
- DHCP, DNS, FTP, SFTP, SSH, Telnet server and client
- NTP, LDAP, Syslog, SCP client. TFTP server
- DHCP, dynDNS relay
- Quality of Service(QoS)
- Classification, marking, BW management, BW prioritization and limitation.
- Up to 16 queues per interface
- Strict policies (PQ), Low latency (LLQ), by weight/type (WFQ, CBWFQ)
- Dual Stack, IP6oIPv4, IPv4oIPv6, GRE, 6rd, DHCPv6, ICMPv6, SLAAC
- Static and dynamic routing RIPng, OSPFv3, MP-BGP
- Multicast: MLD, MLDv2, Listener, Querier
- Protocols: SIP (UDP, TCP, TLS), H323, UA-NOE, SRTP, SCCP
- Support for terminals SIP, UA-NOE, H323, and SCCP terminals
- Survival services: calls, hold, transfers
- CLI configuration and storage in a plain text file.
- Cloud Net Manager(CNM) tool for carrier or professional services
- RADIUS and TACACS+ AAA support
- Management (2)
- Netflow, RMON V5 and V9, SNMPv1, v2c y v3, Syslog support
- Manageable via SMS, Performance monitoring
- Wireshark-compatible remote packet capture
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Power, Status, 10 * Ethernet, WLAN, USB, SFP, LTE
- Certifications and standards: RED Directive 2014/53/EU
- Safety: EN 60950-1, EN 50385 and EN 62311. EMC: EN 301 489-1, EN 301 489-17
- EN 301 489-52, EN 55032 +AC/2013, EN 55024. RADIO: EN 301 511, EN 301 908-1
- EN 300 328, EN 301 893. ErP/ECO: EN 50564. RoHS: EN 50581
- Console port
- Type USB 2.0-B
- Content of delivery
- 2x LTE/UMTS 2dBi quad-band omni-directional antennas
- 2x WLAN dual band 3dBi antennas
- 1x Installation poster, 1x Ethernet cable, 2m , 1xUSB cable