The Teldat-iM8 is a compact router for sites requiring high-speed connections. Its compact design without fans, to avoid generating noise, means you can install it in work areas. This favors the use of 3G/4G/4G+ connections, providing better coverage than when you install the router in technical rooms or cabinets.
Although it is a compact router, it reaches speeds of up 1000 Mbps symmetrical and is very scalable thanks to a slot and a variety of cards. It also includes an optical/electrical interface to the public network and an 8-port Ethernet LAN switch to the private network, as well as a Wi-Fi access point and 3G/4G/4G+ option.
In addition to sophisticated hardware, it includes advanced software and a management system adapted to professional networks. It also allows for a deep traffic inspection (DPI) of the offices offering very relevant statistical data to the service administrators.
Up to 1000 Mbps services, an FO connection and a slot to adapt to different enviroments (Fiber, ADSL/VDSL, E1/T1, Serial, Ethernet PoE switch).
Teldat-iM8 enables smooth transition from traditional communications in remote offices to a hybrid SD-WAN network.
Eight 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports with advanced VLAN functions, 802.1p/q/x and Wi-Fi 802.11n access point. Optional PoE on 4 ports.
Suitable for office installation: the absence of fans means there is no noise. In-depth status information provided by a 14 LED panel.
The Teldat-iM8 has a powerful dual-core processor with one dedicated to routing and the other to running* a Debian Linux for applications(In development).
The processor power allows the router to achieve a routing capacity of 1000 Mbps, even when only one core is used. It is a versatile router thanks to a card slot with a wide range of options.
Apart from the slot, the router connects to the public network through an electrical/optical port and a 3G/4G option and to the private network through an 8-port Gigabit switch with optional PoE. It also has a Wi-Fi access point feature.
It provides all the functions required of a professional router, including routing (RIP, OSPF, BGP, VRF, Policy Routing, etc.), security (ACLs, Firewall, IPSec, 802.1x, etc.), quality of service (CBWFQ, LLQ, PQ, etc.), and management (CLI, SNMPv3, AAA, etc.).
Fixed/mobile connectivity using up to three fixed access methods (Ethernet, fiber, ADSL/VDSL, G.SHDSL, E1/T1, etc.), either as main, backup or both active for load balancing. It also provides 3G/4G/4G+ mobile access.
Figure 1: Fixed and mobile redundant connectivity
Use as an all-in-one router and application server.
Figure 2: Router and server in one device
Reliable in scenarios of up to 1 Gbps symmetrical (IMIX) with services thanks to its powerful hardware architecture with hardware encryption.
Dual-core CPU. One core is used for routing while the other is used to run* a Debian Linux for applications. It features a hard drive slot and an SD memory slot.(*In development)
Built-in electrical/optical Gigabit Ethernet interface and a slot to accommodate any connectivity scenario, whether single or redundant.
4G-LTE wireless access is the perfect backup medium as it uses different infrastructure to fixed connections. You can also utilize 4G-LTE and fixed connections simultaneously for load-balancing purposes.
The built-in switch is ideal for small offices because it eliminates the need for an external switch, thus reducing costs and points of failure. GE, duplex, self-negotiable ports with optional PoE.
The Teldat iM8 can also be an 802.11n Wi-Fi access point (2.4/5 GHz) with 2x2 MIMO antenna technology and/or access point controller. With SSID support for guests and a captive portal.
Corporate communications require corporate security. The Teldat-iM8 provides free of charge state-of-the-art security: ACLs, Firewall(L3-L7), 802.1x, IPSec (optional hardware encryption), etc.
The Teldat-iM8 software includes all the advanced functions needed in coporate networks and carrier services, ready for the most demanding scenarios like MPLS and managed services.
Lack of space in small offices often means that routers have to be placed in the work area. The Teldat-iM8 is specially designed for such enviroments. Since the router does not need a fan, it does not produce any noise.
Operator/integrator managed services require out-of-band management to prevent them from interfering with customer networks. The consolte port is the most common method.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Expansion slot.
- WAN cards: Fiber, ADSL/VDSL, Fiber + ADSL/VDSL, G.SHDSL, E1/T1, Serial
- LAN cards: 8xGE with optional PoE
- WAN + LAN card: 4 x GE Switch Extension/WAN Port configurable
- Optical/electrical Gigabit interface
- SFP optical interface and RJ45 electrical interface (mutually exclusive)
- Optical interface: 1000 Mbps(1000BaseX) LX/LH-SX-ZX
- Electrical interface: 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Local Ethernet and Wi-Fi connection (licensable, optional)
- 8-port Ethernet switch 10/100/1000. Optional PoE on 4 ports(RJ45 connector)
- Selectable 802.11abgn access point mode (2.4/5 GHz)
- 2x2 MIMO with external antennas (SMA connector)
- WWAN interface (optional)
- Built-in hardware module with 3G/4G/4G+ technology
- 2 external antennas with SMA connector
- Additional support for additional USB modules (optional/licensable)
- Dimensions and Weight
- L x W x H: 275 x 310 x 44 mm
- Approximate weight: 2.5 Kg
- Format: Desktop and additional rack mount bracket
- Environmental specifications
- Temperature: 0 to 45 ºC
- Relative humidity: 5 to 90%
- Atmospheric pressure: 700 to 1060 mbars
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- IP protocol
- ARP, ARP Proxy, MTU discovery, NAT/PAT, ECMP, BFD
- RIP, OSPF, BGP, policy based static(PBR) and dynamic routing
- Virtual Router Forwarding (Multi-VRF)
- IP protocol (2)
- Multicast: IGMP (v1,v2, v3), PIM-SM, MSDP, MLD, MLDv2
- IPSLA service probes (delay, package loss, jitter)
- High availability: VRRP, TVRP (HSRP compatible)
- IPSec support in transport and tunnel mode. DMVPN
- Pre-shared authentication, RSA, Certificates, MDS, SHA-1
- Encrypted: DES (56 bits), 3DES (168 bits), AES (128, 192 and 256 bits)
- Security (2)
- Certificates: CSR, SCEP, X.509v3, PKIX, LDAP revocation
- Static and dynamic access lists(ACLs) and session-based Firewall
- DoS/DDoS detection
- IP services
- DHCP, DNS, FTP, SFTP, SSH, Telnet server and client
- NTP, LDAP, Syslog, SCP client. TFTP server
- DHCP, dynDNS relay
- Quality of Service(QoS and HQoS)
- Classification, marking, BW management, BW prioritization and limitation
- Up to 32 types and 16 queues per interface.
- Strict policies (PQ), Low latency (LLQ), by weight/type (WFQ, CBWFQ)
- Dual Stack, IP6oIPv4, IPv4oIPv6, GRE, 6rd, DHCP, ICMPv6, SLAAC
- Static and dynamic routing RIPng, OSPFv3, MP-BGP
- Multicast: MLD, MLDv2, Listener, Querier
- Protocols: SIP (UDP, TCP, TLS), H323, UA-NOE, SRTP, SCCP
- Support for terminals SIP, UA-NOE, H323, SCCP
- Survival services: calls, hold, transfers
- CLI configuration and storage in a plain text file
- User and group license assignment
- RADIUS and TACACS+ AAA support, Netflow, RMON, SNMPv1, v2c y v3
- SDWAN networks
- Overlay over hybrid networks with App-aware routing, QoS and Visibility
- Central SD-WAN flow control including Zero Touch Provisioning
- Applications Service Chaining
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Console interface
- RJ45 connector with proprietary pinouts (including adapter)
- Type RS232, N81
- Default speed 9600 bps, maximum speed 115200 bps
- Power supply, slot, USB, status, Wi-Fi-1, Wi-Fi2, switch
- GE-SFP, GE-Eth, 3 x mobile, HD/SD, Apps
- 2 additional LEDs for each Ethernet port (link, speed and activity)
- Hard drive or SD card application storage
- Selectable as required by applications: hard drive or card
- Hard drive slot, accessible from the outside
- SD memory card slot