The Regesta Compact PLC-3G router family brings today's most advanced corporate IP network protocols to the world of smart grids and telemetry. Specially designed to interconnect IP-based networks with PLC technology, it is ideal for the deployment of intelligent centralized telemetry solutions that require reliable communications with PLC smart meters.
It takes full advantage of Teldat's advanced internetworking software (CIT) to provide state-of-the-art communications security with encryption, authentication management and access control for protection against instrusion attacks. Combined with Teldat or third-party SNMP-based management tools, it is ideal for large-scale deployments, where for example, the auto-provisioning feature enables deployments without the intervention of dedicated IT personnel.
Multiple access technologies (1 LTE + Ethernet) employed with real-time backup mechanisms, SNMP trap notifications and alerts.
Adaptable hardware design for unattended installations, with extended temperature range (-10 to 60 °C) and electrical and electromagnetic immunity.
Enables direct communication with PLC-based smart meters. Delivers PLC base node and advanced networking communications in a single device.
The latest IP network technology for smart grid communications bringing security, quality and ease of use to large-scale multiservice deployments.
The Regesta Compact PLC-3G are industrial-grade routers that provide secure and reliable IP broadband connectivity to SCADA telemetry and telecontrol networks in smart grid deployment. By configuring the built-in PLC communications interface as base node, you can communicate with smart meters without having to install any additional equipment like PLC concentrators.
The router guarantees optimal and maximum security of communications between multiple IP services. In addition, by using 2G/3G/LTE and Ethernet interfaces concurrently, the router provides maximun reliability of communications, which is guaranteed thanks to the full support of the management, monitoring and backup functionalities. The Regesta Compact PLC-3G family incorporates state-of-the-art security technologies in communications with the most complete collection of VPN protocols and firewall techniques.
The Regesta Compact PLC-3G provides reliable communications including a PLC interface to communicate with smart meters. It enables DLMS traffic between smart meters and management software.
Figure 1: PLC communications with smart meters and management software
Figure 2: Regesta Compact PLC-3G reduces amount of equipment required
1 x 10/100 BaseT auto detect ports (full/half-duplex automatic negotiation). MDI / MDI-X crossover detection, Ethernet V2 / IEEE 802.3 LLC (802.2), ARP, IEEE 802.1Q (VLAN), IEEE 802.1X
PRIME PLC interface with base and service node operation. It support up to 500 PLC smart meters, with topology discovery and firmware updates.
Up to two embedded 2G/3G/4G interfaces, with dual SIM card tray for automatic backups. Advanced Teldat system for proactive monitoring and automatic recovery from WWAN incidents.
Safety certificates for equipment in electrical environments: EMC, isolation, immunity, electrical, climatic and mechanical.
The Regesta Compact PLC-3G includes a housing design for optimal heat dissipation and, wall mount and DIN rail mount options, guaranteeing operation between -10 and 60 °C with up to 95 % humidity.
The Regesta Compact PLC-3G includes state-of-the-art security: ACLs, firewall, 802.1X, IPSEC with hardware encryption, DMVPNs, etc. This allows for safe and scalable deployment in easy to manage smart grid networks.
It is also able to incorporate serial interfaces with SCADA protocols, thus providing the versatility to connect to industrial meters, RTUs and other control devices.
The Regesta Compact PLC-3G includes a software stack with the advanced functions required by advanced IP networks, such as QoS, policy routing, DMVPNs, VLANs, and VRF, providing maximum versatility for shared services.
Data from the serial port can be transparently encapsulated with IP. The "IEC-101 to IEC-104 gateway" function also allows IEC-101 RTUs to be maintained and central management software to migrate to IEC-104.
The console port facilitates troubleshooting and installation at remote points.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- PLC communications
- Base node (up to 750 service nodes)
- Phase selection in power supply terminals
- Power supply: 85-264 VAC. Consumption: 11W
- Ethernet interface
- Up to 2 ports (RJ45 connector)
- 802.3i (10BaseT), 802.3u (100BaseT)
- Supports duplex, IEEE 802.3u link speed auto-negotiation, VLAN and 802.1X
- Up to three serial interfaces (DB9 connector)
- Asynchronous communications up to 115200 bps
- RS-232 and RS-485 options
- RTS/CTS and SCADA flow control (Modbus, IEC-101/102, IEC-104 gateway)
- WWAN interface
- Built in hardware module with EDGE/UMTS/HSPA+ or LTE technology
- 2 x external antennas with SMA connector
- Dual-SIM trays (internal)
- Dimensions and weight
- L x W x H: 140 x 192 x 78.2 mm (without protection)
- Approximate weight: 600 gr.
- Format: DIN rail, and wall mounting and in meter rooms
- Environmental specifications
- Temperature: -10 to 60º C
- Relative humidity: 5 to 95%
- Atmospheric pressure: 700 to 1060 mbars
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- IP protocol
- ARP, Proxy ARP, MTU discovery, NAT, ECMP, BFD
- RIP, OSPF, BGP, policy-based static and dynamic routing
- Virtual Router Forwarding (Multi-VRF)
- IP protocol (2)
- Multicast: IGMP (v1,v2, v3), PIM-SM, MSDP, MLD, MLDv2
- IPSLA service probes (delay, packet loss, jitter)
- High availability: VRRP, TVRP (HSRP (compatible)
- IPSec support in transport and tunnel mode (including DMVPNs)
- Pre-shared authentication, RSA, Certificates, MD5, SHA-1
- DES (56 bits), 3DES (168 bits), AES (128, 192 and 256 bits), IKEv1, IKEv2
- Security (2)
- Certificates: CSR, SCEP, X.509v3, PKIX, LDAP revocation
- Static and dynamic access lists and session-based firewall
- DoS and DDoS attack detection
- IP services
- Telnet, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SFTP and SSH server and client
- NTP, LDAP, Syslog and SCP client. TFTP server
- DynDNS, DHCP relay
- Service quality
- Classification, marking, bandwidth management and limiting/prioritizing
- Up to 32 classes and 16 queues per interface
- Strict policies (PQ), low latency (LLQ), by weight/class (WFQ, CBWFQ)
- Specific WWAN functions
- Automatic hand-over (passive and active probe-based detection)
- Advanced link monitoring (packet error, latency, jitter)
- Dual SIM associated with the hand-over mechanism
- CLI configuration and storage in plain text file
- Assignment of user/group profile licenses
- RADIUS and TACACS+ compatible AAA support
- Management (2)
- Netflow, RMON V5 and V9, SNMPv1, v2c and v3, Syslog support
- Manageable through SMS and self-provisioning with Colibri NetManager
- Wireshark-compatible remote traffic capture
- PLC communications
- PRIME version 1.3.6 (1.4 in roadmap)
- PRIME wrapping protocol support (Multiplexing 4-32 connections)
- Network topology discovery and MIBs
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Console interface
- RJ-45 connector with proprietary pinouts (including adaptor)
- Type RS232
- Default speed 9600 bps, maximum speed 115200 bps
- 2 status/speed LEDs per Ethernet port
- 2 wireless status/coverage LEDS
- 1 PLC LED
- Certificates (I)
- Isolation (EN 60255-5) for electrical resistance and impulses
- Immunity (I): EN 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-4, EN 61000-4-5
- EN 61000-4-6, EN 61000-4-8, EN 61000-4-10, EN 61000-4-12, EN 61000-4-13
- Certificates (II)
- Immunity (II): EN 61000-4-18 Eléctricas: EN 61000-4-11 and EN 61000-4-29
- Climatic: EN 60068-2-78, EN 60068-2-2, EN 60068-2-1, EN 60068-2-14
- Mechanical: EN 60870-2-2, EN 60068-2-6 EN 60068-2-27