The Teldat AP222n access point is a professional product for scenarios that require simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi connections, allowing last generation telephones, laptops and tablets to use the less congested 5 GHz band and leaving the 2.4 GHz frequency for traditional devices.
Specifically designed to blend into the surroundings, it can be placed on the wall or ceiling and carries all the necessary certifications for use in hospitals and medical centers. It is a flexible device that can operate as a WLAN controller (WLC) for five additional access points, thus helping to minimize the hardware investment.
The AP222n is an access point for offices that require professional connectivity separating services and clients into different bands.
It supports airtime fairness, band steering, IAPP roaming (802.11f), WMM 802.11e, and client and bandwidth limitation per SSID.
Web configuration (http/https), telnet, SSH, SNMP, CAPWAP support from WLC in Teldat router, Dime Manager (up to 50 devices), Colibri NetManager.
Master-AP mode allows you to manage and configure up to 5 additional access points.
The Teldat AP222n is an access point with two radio modules allowing it to operate in both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands at the same time. It has two Gigabit LAN interfaces and features built-in dual-band antennas. It includes airtime fairness and band steering to optimize bandwidth usage in diverse client scenarios with high- and low-range terminals. It supports 20/40 MHz channels, beamforming and allows you to configure advanced network parameters, such as the DTIM period and the short guard internal. In terms of security mechanisms, it includes 802.11i for user authentication. ACLs and WIDS/WIPS for detecting rogue APs or malicious users.
You can deploy the AP222n as a standalone AP or as part of a WWAN solution, managed via a Teldat router (WLC) or centrally managed via Colibri NetManager. It provides the ability to limit the number of connected users and bandwidth and supports up to 32 SSIDDs/VLANs for service separation.
AP operating mode managed by a Teldat router connecting the office to the WAN network and enabling access points to be automatically configured and monitored.
Figure 1: AP222n AP operating mode managed by a router
AP operating mode managed from Colibri NetManager (CNM) with auto-provisioning and automatic startup allowing you to quickly and easily deploy Wi-Fi in a remote office network.
Figure 2: AP222n AP operating mode managed from CNM
An 802.11bgn 2.4 GHz radio module with 2x2 MIMO and a second 802.11an 5 GHz module with 2x2 MIMO with up to 23 dBm of transmit power, allow the device to connect terminals operating in both bands.
You can set a threshold for the maximum number of connected clients. When this threshold is reached, clients are diverted to neighboring APs or pushed to the 5 GHz band which is usually less congested.
Malicious clients and APs that are included on a dynamic black-list are reported to the controller or Colibri NetManager.
It can combine two 20 MHz channels to form one 40 MHz channel, thus doubling the transfer rate, and an optimal configuration of the short guard interval will provide a fourfold increase in available bandwidth.
Power consumption is optimized by downgrading the connection to 1x1 MIMO when no users are connected, turning off the LEDs, and reducing Ethernet power consumption (802.3az). FA not included by default.
It supports up to 16 SSIDs for each radio module and up to 32 VLANs (802.1q). You can assign one VLAN per SSID to differentiate network traffic.
It can act as AP/bridge-link master to connect other APs in bridge-link client mode, thus increasing the area of connectivity to points outside the office.
The device sends information with different levels of severity via Syslog, SNMP traps and e-mail alerts.
In-depth monitoring of the radio interface: SSIDs, connected clients, signal/noise, transfer rate, Rx/Tx packets.
Auto-configuration from a Teldat router (WLC) or Colibri NetManager. This reduces the risk of configuration errors in large-scale deployments as pre-validated templates are used.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Interfaces and connectors
- LAN: 2 x10/100/1000 Mbps,auto MDI/MDIX, RJ-45 connector
- Wi-Fi: One each of 802.11abgn (2.4 GHz) and 802.11ahn (5 GHz)
- Kensington compatible security protection
- Dimensions and casing
- Approx. 15.9 cm x 14.5 cm x 4.3 cm (width x depth x height)
- Lightweight plastic casing
- Built-in 2.4/5 GHz dual-band antennas
- 2.4 Ghz: 5 dBm gain, 5 GHz: 6 dBm gain
- Environmental specifications and consumption
- Operating temperature range: 0 to 40 °C; Storage: -10 to 70°C
- Relative humidity: 10 to 95% (without condensation)
- Max: 8.2 W
- Power supply
- Optional external line: 9 V/1,3A DC; 100-240 AC
- European connector
- Optional PoE injector: 802.3af or 803.3at.
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Wi-Fi interface
- Beamforming, Short Guard Interval, adjustable DTIM, Maximum Ratio Combining
- MultiSSID, up to 16 per radio with MAC address for each one
- SSID broadcast permitted/blocked
- Wi-Fi optimisation
- Airtime fairness, client balancing and limitation, roaming IAPP(802.11f)
- Bandwidth limitation per user in each SSID
- WMM 802.11e QoS
- Wi-Fi security and authentication
- Open, WEP64/128, WPA Personal/Enterprise, WPA2 Personal/Enterprise
- 802.1x/EAP-MD5, 802.1x/EAP-TLS, 802.1x/EAP-TTLS, 802.1x/EAP-PEAP
- Key Management, PSK/TKIP Encryption, AES Encryption
- Detection mechanisms
- MAC filtering (Dynamic blacklist )
- WIDS (Wireless Intrusion Detection System)
- WIPS (Wireless Protection Detection System)
- HTTP/HTTPS, telnet, SSH, Dime Manager, Colibri NetManager
- SNMP(v1, v2, v3), traps (v1, v2, v3), SNMP ACLs
- Configuration backup/restoration
- Operating modes
- Isolated WLAN AP, controlled by a WLC or Colibri NetManager
- WLAN Bridge point-to-point or point-multipoint
- WLAN Client
- Syslog Client with different message levels
- Emission of alarms by e-mail
- Programming interface, SSID, etc. reset/activation/deactivation
- Energy management
- Reduced idle PoE consumption (802.3az)
- Change to mimo 1x1 if there are no clients connected
- WMM 802.11e power save
- Compatible IEEE 802.1q
- Up to 32 VLANs
- Managed by an external WLC or AP-Master
- CAPWAP(DHCP option RFC1517)
- As Master-AP, it manages up to 5 additional access points
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Operating mode functions: WLAN client
- DHCP client, DHCP server, DHPC relay (not in master-AP mode)
- VPN: IPSec, L2TP, PTP, GRE
- NTP client/server, DNS client/server, manual configuration
- Operating mode functions: WLAN bridge
- Configurable roaming (off, slow, normal, fast, custom)
- Able to act as master or client
- R&TTE directive 1999/5/EG; EN60950-1 (IEC60950); EN300 328; EN301 489-17
- EN301 489-1; EN301 893; EN60601-1-2 (medical electrical devices - Part 1-2)
- Wi-Fi certification (802.11abgn)