The H2-Automotive+ is Teldat’s new multiservice communications platform for vehicles. It provides 4G/LTE/LTE-A broadband and Wi-Fi with redundancy and aggregation options, advanced network security mechanisms, and an extended operating temperature range.
Based on a ruggedized hardware design, the router is both vibration and dust resistant and features power surge protection, specific mobile software, dynamic configurations (based on location and communications quality data), and has a delayed power off feature. Furthermore, it provides seamless integration with any third party management tool or hotspot platform.
This high performance platform combines Teldat's CIT software with the latest corporate networking technologies to facilitate service management for large-scale deployments, redundancy, quality of service requirements, access security, and isolation/privacy.
Up to four simultaneous LTE and/or Wi-Fi access links with bandwidth aggregation and load balancing for maximum availability and application continuity.
Designed and exhaustively tested to withstand vibrations and power surges. Minimal maintenance costs and service outages. Extended operating temperature range.
Communication monitoring (availability and quality) and GPS location tracking for per-service/link dynamic routing.
A Cloud based Network Management allow the automatic configuration deployment for the complete bus fleet.
The H2-Automotive+ is the ideal communications platform for all types of onboard services. It’s designed for critical high availability services thanks to its quadruple LTE module, with advanced monitoring and bandwidth aggregation, redundancy options and secure state-of-art communications.
Its top of the range processor guarantees compatibility with broadband scenarios and the double WiFi module is ideal for environments with high passenger traffic.
For onboard services, Wi-Fi can be used as AP or client depending on positioning. Moreover, delayed power off allows for automatic updating at depots.
Management based on standards and the Teldat ecosystem management tools (Colibri NetManager and HotSpot) simplify mass deployments and turnkey solutions management.
Services such as CCTV, digital signage, Wi-Fi for travelers, ticketing, fleet management, and on-board entertainment share the same communications platform, thus reducing management and communications costs.
Figure 1: Connected transport: A new public transport paradigm
Wi-Fi (AP) for passengers and police along their routes. The geo-fencing feature at depots uses the vehicle's GPS position to change the Wi-Fi to client mode for the purpose of synching onboard application content.
Figure 2: Real-time and automatic downloads via Wi-Fi at depots.
Increased bandwidth and optimize the service continuity by up to four WAN connections (LTE, Wi-Fi, etc.).
It has quad-SIM support in order to provide redundancy and maximize connection availability by using one of the telecoms operators to back up the others (if, for example, a connection drops) in a single module.
Two 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi modules for increased Wi-Fi service capacity in high-density environments. Intelligent algorithms allow good performance for more than 120 simultaneously user.
Extended operating temperature range (-25 to 70°C). Shock and vibration isolation. Voltage range from 12 to 24 VDC for direct battery connection. Delayed power off for continuity when the vehicle has been turned off.
ISO7637-2 power supply protection allows the device to be directly connected to the vehicle's battery and protects against failures caused by an unstable power supply. Temperature sensor for automatic shut-down.
Concurrent use of multiple WAN interfaces(LTE, Wi-Fi, satellite, etc.)to distribute and/or aggregate load from multiple services on different interfaces, thus optimizing coverage areas and enhancing overall performance.
By using advanced protocols with multiple WAN, it allows the services and management of the different solutions sharing the communications to be logically separated from each other.
Ideal for telemarketing and fleet management. The router incorporates a GPS (accessible via a TCP port) that provides real-time geo-location data in NMEA format.
The device can behave differently depending on its GPS position. The Wi-Fi can be used as AP or client for data synching at depots while the SIM selection feature can be used to optimize coverage and data consumption.
Cloud based Network Management with autoprovision functionallity. Additional functions allow the analysis of the service quality and availability along the route.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Up to 4 simultaneous WWAN interfaces (LTE/HSPA+/HSPA/EDGE)
- Up to 4 built-in hardware modules with HSPA+ or LTE/HSPA+ technologies
- Four SIM slot allow Dual SIM applications
- 2 external antennas with a SMA connector per module
- Ethernet Interfaces
- 4 port switch plus optional WAN port (RJ-45F connector)
- 802.3i (10BaseT), 802.3u (100BaseT), 802.3ab (1000BaseT)
- Supports duplex, IEEE 802.3u link-speed auto-negotiation, VLAN and 802.1x
- Up to 2 Wi-Fi interfaces (802.11a/b/g/n/ac)
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac selectable band (2.4/5 GHz) with AP and client mode
- 2x2 MIMO external antennas (SMA-RP connector) per module
- WPA, WPA2 security. WMM QoS. Multi SSID.
- GPS Interface
- Active GPS antenna with FME connector and NMEA protocol
- Acquisition time (Hot start 1sec, Warm start 29sec. Cold start: 32sec)
- Precision (Horizontal < 4m (50%); Rate
- Dimensions and weight
- Length x Width x Height: 237 x 180 x 59 mm
- Approximate weight: 2.5 Kg
- Flexible installation: wall, ceiling and horizontal
- Environmental specifications
- Temperature: -25ºC to 70 ºC
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95%
- Shock and vibration isolation (EN 60068-2)
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Specific Wi-Fi functions
- Hotspot gateway function to support hotspot services
- WLAN controller function for Teldat's onboard APs
- Location-based dynamic function (AP or client)
- IP Protocol (IPv4)
- ARP, ARP Proxy, MTU discovery, NAT, ECMP, BFD
- Static and dynamic routing: RIP, OSPF, BGP, policy-based
- Virtual Router Forwarding (Multi-VRF)
- IPv6 support
- DHCPv6, IPv6 Adressing, Static routing, Access list,
- IPv6 Tunnel over IPv4, IPv4 Tunnel over IPv6
- IPSec support in transparent and tunnel mode (including DMVPNs)
- Pre-shared authentication, RSA, Certificates, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2
- Encryption: DES (56 bits), 3DES (168 bits), AES (128, 192 & 256 bits)
- Certificates: CSR, SCEP, X.509v3, PKIX, LDAP revocation
- Static and dynamic access lists and session-based firewall
- DoS/DDoS attack detection
- IP Services
- Telnet, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SFTP and SSH server and client
- NTP, LDAP, Syslog, SCP Client. TFTP Server
- DHCP Relay, dynDNS.
- Quality of Service
- Classification, marking, bandwidth management and limiting/prioritizing
- Up to 32 classes and 16 queues per interface
- Strict policies (PQ), low latency (LLQ), by weight/class (WFQ, CBWFQ)
- Specific WWAN functions
- Automatic hand-over (passive and active probe-based detection)
- Advanced link monitoring (packet error, latency, jitter)
- Up to two SIM cards can associated to the hand-over mechanism
- CLI configuration and storing in plain text file
- Assignment of user/group licenses
- RADIUS and TACACS+ compatible AAA support
- Management (2)
- Support for Netflow, RMON V5 & V9, SNMPv1, v2c & v3, Syslog
- Manageable through SMS
- Wireshark-compatible remote traffic capture
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Console interface and asynchronous serial port connector
- DB-9 with proprietor pin (including adapter)
- RS232, N81
- Default speed 9600 bps. Maximum speed 115200 bps
- Traffic balance and aggregation of up to 4 x the bandwidth
- Per-session multipath (TCP/IP)
- Intelligent IPSec-based load balancing aggregation mechanism
- Use of DMVPNs and dynamic routing for application continuity
- Protocols: SIP (UDP, TCP, TLS) with SIP and GSM Gateway terminal support
- GSM media gateway for backup calls over GSM network
- Survival services: calls, hold, transfer
- Onboard enviroment ruggedness and power supply protection
- ISO7637-2 power protection for direct battery power supply
- Certificates: EN 60068-2, EN60950-1, EN 55022, EN 55024, ISO7637-2
- Delayed power off (ignition-sensing activation)