The H2-Rail router is a multi-service communications platform for railway environments. It provides reliable 4G/LTE broadband and Wi-Fi communications with redundancy options, bandwidth aggregation and advanced network security mechanisms.
The hardware design is compliant with railway regulations for installations on lightweight and high-speed trains or trams, is EN 50155 certified to meet vibration and emission requirements and offers an extended operating temperature range.
The router also provides extremely reliable communications using dynamic configurations (based on location/communications quality data).
It combines Teldat's CIT software with the latest corporate networking technologies to facilitate service management (for large-scale deployments, redundancy, quality of service, access security and isolation) and seamless integration into hotspot platforms.
Up to 4 simultaneous LTE and/or Wi-Fi radio links, with bandwidth aggregation and load-balancing to ensure maximum availability and application continuity.
Designed to withstand vibrations and extreme temp (-25 to 70°C). Certified according to railway standards (EN 50155, EN 50121-3-2, EN 45545-2, EN 301 908-1)
Communication monitoring (availability/quality) and location tracking for dynamic routing policies per-service/link/position.
Uses the latest IP networking technologies for vehicles, bringing security, quality and ease of use to large-scale, multi-service deployments.
H2-Rail is the perfect communications platform for all types of services on railways. Its multiple LTE module with advanced monitoring and bandwidth aggregation, redundancy options and cutting-edge communications security, make it ideal for critical, high availability services.
Specifically designed for use in the harsh railway environment (with up to 110 VDC power supply and extreme environmental conditions), the device supports a wide range of temperatures(-25 to 70°C), incorporates anti-vibration technology, and offers guaranteed interoperability with other onboard devices.
For onboard services, the wireless connection can be used as AP or client depending on the device’s location. This, together with the delayed power off feature, allows content to be automatically updated at depots.
It also features standards-based management and Teldat’s management tools(Colibri NetManager and Hotspot) for easy management of large-scale deployments.
Figure 1: The connected train: A new rail transport paradigm
Figure 2: High availability and maximum redundancy configuration
Support for up to 4 WWAN modules (4G/LTE). Each module can operate independently of the other or as backup. One of the modules also supports up to 2 x SIM for operator redundancy.
Quad SIM feature – using a single module for two telecom operators, employing one to back up the other and using only one of the modules.
An 802.11ac Wi-Fi module means the device can provide Wi-Fi services to passengers throughout their journeys (multiple SSIDs & integration hotspot platforms) and act in client mode to connect to external Wi-Fi networks.
Designed to withstand vibration and extreme temperatures (-25 to 70°C) and has full onboard train certifications (EN 50155, EN 50121-3-2, EN 301 511, EN 301 908-1, EN 45545-2).
Seamless integration with third party standards-based management tools (SNMP). It has also been integrated into Teldat’s Colibri network manager platform for remote monitoring and management.
Concurrent use of multiple WAN interfaces(LTE, Wi-Fi, satellite, etc.)to distribute and/or aggregate load from multiple services on different interfaces, thus optimizing coverage areas and enhancing overall performance.
The use of advanced networking protocols with multiple WAN links allows the services and management of the different solutions sharing the communications to be logically separated from each other.
Ideal for telemarketing and fleet management. The device has a GPS (accessible via a TCP port) that provides real-time geo-location data in NMEA format.
Up to 628 Mbps of throughput to provide powerful communications for highly-demanding communication scenarios such as those requiring encryption, VRF, policy routing and QoS.
Advanced troubleshooting (such as sniffer and syslog) for analyzing service/position/coverage problems along the route. Cloud management and auto-provisioning allow even unskilled personnel to install the equipment.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Up to 4 concurrent WWAN Interfaces (LTE/HSPA+/HSPA/EDGE)
- Up to 4 built-in hardware modules with LTE/HSPA+
- 2 external antennas with 1 x Type-N connector per module
- LTE/DC-HSPA+/HSPA+/HSPA/UMTS/EDGE/GPRS;LTE/EVDO/1xRTT(inquire about others)
- Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
- 4 x 10/100/ 1000 BaseT Giga-Ethernet switch (X-coded M-12 connector)
- LEDs on each port for installation troubleshooting
- Support duplex, IEEE 802.3u link-speed auto-negotiation, VLAN and 802.1x
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi interface
- 802.11ac selectable band (2.4/5 GHz) with AP and client mode
- 2x2 MIMO external antennas (type-N connector) per module
- WEP, WPA, WPA2 security. WMM QoS. Multi SSID.
- GPS interface
- Active GPS antenna with FME and NMEA protocol
- 48 channels, high sensitivity and WAAS support
- Provision of local and remote information
- Dimensions and Weight
- Length x Width x Height: 186 x 483 x 43,6 mm (1U on a rack)
- Approximate weight: 3.3 Kg
- Flexible installation: rack and horizontal
- Environmental specifications
- Temperature: -25 to 70 º C
- Relative humidity: 5 to 95%
- Shock and vibration resistance (EN 61373)
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Specific Wi-Fi functions
- Hotspot Gateway function for hotspot service support
- WLAN controller function for Teldat's built-in APs
- Location-based dynamic function (AP or client)
- IP protocol
- ARP, ARP Proxy, MTU discovery, NAT, ECMP, BFD
- RIP, OSPF, BGP, policy-based static and dynamic routing
- Virtual Router Forwarding (Multi-VRF)
- IP protocol (2)
- Multicast: IGMP (v1, v2, v3), PIM-SM, MSDP, MLD, MLDv2
- PSLA service probes (delay, packet loss, jitter)
- High availability: VRRP, TVRP (HSRP compatible)
- IPSec support in transport and tunnel mode (including DMVPNs)
- Pre-shared authentication, RSA, Certificates, MDS, SHA-1
- DES (56 bits), 3DES (168 bits), AES (128, 192 and 256 bits), IKEv1, IKEv2
- Security (2)
- Certificates: CSR, SCEP, X.509v3, PKIX, LDAP revocation
- Static and dynamic access lists and session-based firewall
- DoS/DDoS attack detection
- IP Services
- Telnet, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SFTP, and SHH server and client
- NTP, LDAP, Syslog, SCP client. TFTP server
- DHCP, dynDNS relay
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Classification, marking, BW management, BW prioritisation and limitation
- Up to 32 classes 16 queues per interface
- Priority Queuing (PQ), Low latency (LLQ), by weight/type (WFQ, CBWFQ)
- Specific WWAN functions
- Automatic hand-over (passive and active probe-based detection)
- Advanced link monitoring (packet errror, latency, jitter)
- Quadruple SIM and module associated with the hand-over mechanism
- CLI configuration and storage in a plain text file
- Assignment of user/group licenses
- RADIUS and TACACS+ compatible AAA support
- Management (2)
- Netflow, RMON V5 and V9, SNMPv1, v2c y v3, Syslog support
- Manageable via SMS
- Wireshark-compatible remote traffic capture
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Console interface and asynchronous serial port
- DB-9 connector with proprietary pinouts (including adapter)
- Type RS232, N81
- Default speed 9600 bps. Maximum speed: 115200 bps
- Load balancing and bandwidth aggreagation (OLA)
- Open Link Aggregation Protocol
- Intelligent IPSec-based load balancing aggregation mechanism
- Aplication continuity and per-session load balancing
- Advanced GPS functions
- GPS geo-fencing for location-based dynamic behavior
- Location-based link/route activation
- Location-based interafce management (such as Wi-Fi as client/AP)
- Onboard environment ruggedness and power supply protection
- 72-110 VDC or 24 VDC power supply
- Certifications: EN 50155, EN 50121-3-2, EN 301 511, EN 301 908-1, EN 45545
- 20 W consumption, screw-on connectors (M-12, type-N and FME)