The Teldat APR222ac complies with the railway regulations and is designed to provide a Wi-Fi connection on board trains. Simultaneous use of dual band enables connection of latest generation devices to the 5 GHz band, less collapsed, leaving the 2.4 GHz band for devices with lower capabilities. It also supports advanced Wi-Fi functions like multiple SSIDs, with different access levels, logical separation and priority systems. It also supports load balancing amongst several LAN interfaces and improves user experience with automatic radio OFF if there is no internet output.
It is a flexible device that can operate as a Wireless Controller for 5 additional access points to minimise investment in HW required for small trains and it can be integrated in cloud and HotSpot management platforms.
The Teldat APR222ac is a suitable access point for railway environments, which offers professional connectivity carrying services to clients on different bands.
It supports airtime fairness, band steering, IAPP roaming (802.11f), 802.11e WMM, and bandwidth limitation per-SSID and per user.
Web configuration (http/https), Telnet, SSH, SNMP, CAPWAP support from WLC in Teldat router, Dime Manager (up to 50 devices), CNM.
In Master-AP mode, you can manage and configure up to 5 additional Access Points.
The Teldat APR222ac Access point is especially designed to comply with the railway regulations and can stand up to extreme vibrations and temperatures. It incorporates 2 radio modules and operates on both 2,4/5 GHz bandwidths simultaneously. Furthermore, it includes 2 LAN Gigabit interfaces with features such as Airtime Fairness and Band Steering to optimize bandwidth usage connected though high and low range terminals. The device also supports 20/40 MHz channels, Beamforming and allows you to configure advanced network parameters such as DTIM-Period and Short Guard Interval. The APR222ac, in terms of advanced security mechanisms, incorporates 802.11i for user authentication, ACLs and WIDS/WIPS. It allows you to control the number of connected users and bandwidth, among other features, and supports up to 32 SSIDs/VLANs for service separation.
Figure 1: Connected train: New railway transport paradigm
Figure 2: APR222ac AP mode managed from CNM
Two 802.11ac 2.4/5 GHz radio modules with 2x2 MIMO make it possible for the device to provide connectivity to terminals that operate on both frequency bands.
You can set a threshold for the maximum number of connected clients. When this threshold is reached, clients are diverted to neighboring APs or to the 5 GHz band, which is usually less congested.
Malicious clients and APs that are included on a dynamic blacklist are reported to the WLAN Controller or CNM.
It can combine two 20 MHz channels to form a 40 MHz channel, thus doubling the transfer rate, and an optimal configuration of the short guard interval will provide a fourfold increase in the available bandwidth.
Designed to withstand high vibration and extreme temperatures (-25 ºC a 70 ºC). It has full onboard train certifications (including EN 50155, EN 45545-2, EN 50121-3-2).
It supports up to 16 SSID per radio module and up to 32 VLAN (802.1q). You can assign one VLAN per SSID to differentiate network traffic.
Includes multiple operating modes such as WLAN access point: autonomous (access point, client and bridge), controlled and master (up to 5 additional APs).
The device sends information with different levels of security through Syslog client, SNMP traps and e-mail alerts.
In-depth monitoring of the radio interface: SSIDs, connected clients, signal/noise, transfer rate, Rx/Tx packets.
Auto-configuration from a Teldat router (WLC9 or Colibri NetManager). This reduces the risk of configuration errors in large-scale deployments as pre-validated templates are used.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Interfaces and connectors
- LAN: 2x10/100/1000 Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX, M12 connector (8-pole, X-coded)
- Wi-Fi: 2 x 802.11ac modules (2.4/5 GHz), MIMO 2x2
- M-12 (D-encrypted ,4 poles) power connector. Type-N antenna connectors
- Dimensions and casing
- Approx.: 21 cm x 21 cm x 4 cm (Width x Length x Height)
- Metal casing. Can be wall mounted or installed on desktop
- Weight (aprox.): 2.6 Kg.
- 2 x female N-type external antennas connectors by radio module
- 4 x antenna connectors in total
- Environmental specifications
- Operating temperature range: -25 ºC to 75 ºC
- Relative humidity: up to 95%
- 110 or 24 VDC power supply
- M-12 connector (4-poles, A-coded)
- Max. consumption: 20 W
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Wi-Fi interface
- Beamforming, short guard interval, adjustable DTIM, Maximum Ratio combining
- Multi-SSID: up to 16 per radio, each with a MAC address
- SSID broadcasting, allowed/blocked
- Wi-Fi optimization
- Airtime fairness, load balancing, IAPP roaming(802.11f)
- Client limitation, data rate trimming
- WMM 802.11e power save
- Wi-Fi security and authentication
- Open, WEP64/128, WPA Personal/Enterprise, WPA2 Personal/Enterprise
- 802.1x/EAP-MD5, 802.1x/EAP-TLS, 802.1x/EAP-TTLS, 802.1x/EAP-PEAP
- Key management, PSK/TKIP encryption, AES encryption, 802.x/EAP
- Detection mechanisms
- MAC filtering (static and dynamic blacklist )
- WIDS: rogue AP, neighbour AP and client detection
- WIPS: rogue client protection
- HTTP/HTTPS, Telnet, SSH, Dime Manager, CNM
- SNMP (v1, v2, v3), SNMP traps (v1, v2, v3) conf., SNMP IP access list conf.
- Configuration backup/restoration
- Operating modes
- WLAN managed AP
- WLAN Master AP (it manages up to 5 additional APs)
- WLAN Standalone (AP, client and bridge)
- Syslog client with different message severity levels
- Emission of alarms by e-mail
- Programming reset, interface activation/deactivation, SSIDs, etc.
- VLAN configuration according IEEE 802.1q
- Up to 32 VLANs
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Other functionalities
- NTP Client, NTP Server, manual configuration
- DNS Client, DNS Server, DNS Relay
- DHCP Client, DHCP Server, DHPC Relay
- Other functionalities (2)
- Discovery protocol: CAPWAP (DHCP option RFC1517)
- Configurable roaming (off, slow, normal, fast, custom)
- CE and Railway certifications
- CE: EN 60950; EN 300328; EN 301489-1; EN 301489-17; EN 301893; EN 62311
- Railway: EN 50155; EN 50121-3-2; EN 61373; EN 60068-2-1; EN 60068-2-2
- EN 60068-2-27; EN 60068-2-30; EN 60068-2-47;EN 60068-2-64; EN 60068-3-1