The Teldat APR222n complies with the railway regulations and is designed to provide a Wi-Fi connection on board trains Simultaneous use of dual band enables connection of latest generation devices to the 5 GHz band, less collapsed, leaving the 2.4 GHz band for devices with lower capabilities. It also supports advanced Wi-Fi functions like multiple SSIDs, with different access levels, logical separation and priority systems. It also supports load balancing amongst several LAN interfaces and improves user experience with automatic radio OFF if there is no internet output.
It is a flexible device that can operate as a Wireless Controller for 5 additional access points to minimise investment in HW required for small trains and it can be integrated in cloud and HotSpot management platforms.
Access point adapted for the railway environment, which needs to offer professional connectivity carrying services and clients on different bands.
It supports airtime fairness, band steering, IAPP roaming (802.11f), 802.11e WMM, and bandwidth limitation per-SSID and per user.
Web configuration (http/https), telnet, SSH, SNMP, CAPWAP support from WLC in Teldat router, Dime Manager (up to 50 devices), Colibri NetManager.
In Master-AP mode you can manage and configure up to 5 additional access points.
The Teldat APR222n is a railway-compliant access point with two radio modules that allow it to operate on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands at the same time. It has two Gigabit LAN interfaces and external dual band antennas. It includes Airtime Fairness and band steering to optimize bandwidth usage in diverse client environment with high and low range terminals. It supports 20/40 MHz channels, beamforming and allows you to configure advanced network parameters, such as the DTIM- period and the short guard interval. In terms of security mechanisms, it includes 802.11i for users.
The APR222n can operate as a standalone AP, managed by a Teldat router (WLC) or it can be integrated in Colibri NetManager. It allows you to limit the number of connected users and bandwidth and supports up to 32 SSIDs/VLANs for service separation.
Figure 1: Connected train: New railway transport paradigm
Figure 2: APR222ac AP mode managed from CNM
Two 802.11abgn 2.4/5 GHz radio modules with 2x2 MIMO and 23 dBm transmit power allow the device to provide connectivity to terminals that work on both frequency bands.
You can set a threshold for the maximum number of connected clients. When this threshold is reached, clients are diverted to neighboring APs or to the 5 GHz band, which is usually less congested.
Malicious clients and APs that are included on a dynamic blacklist are reported to the controller or Colibri NetManager.
It can combine two 20 MHz channels to from a 40 MHz channel, thus doubling the transfer rate, and an optimal configuration of the short guard interval will provide a fourfold increase in the available bandwidth.
Designed to withstand high vibration and extreme temperatures (-25 to 70ºC). It has full onboard train certifications, including (EN 50155, EN 50121-3-2, EN 301 511, and EN 301 908-1).
It supports up to 16 SSIDs per radio module and up to 32 VLANs (802.1q). You can assign one VLAN per SSID to differentiate network.
It can act as AP/bridge-link master to connect other APs in bridge-link client mode, thus extending the area of connectivity between carriages if needed.
The device sends information with different levels of severity via Syslog, SNMP trap and e-mail alerts.
In-depth monitoring of the radio interface: SSIDs, connected clients, signal/noise, transfer rate, Rx/Tx packets.
Auto-configuration from a Teldat router (WLC9 or Colibri NetManager). This reduces the risk of configuration errors in large-scale deployments as pre-validated templates are used.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Interfaces and connectors
- LAN: 2x10/100/1000 Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX, M-12 connector (8-pole, X-coded)
- Wi-Fi: Two 802.11abgn (2.4/5 GHz) modules with 2x2 MIMO
- M-12 D-encrypted 4 pole power connector and type-N antenna connector
- Dimensions and casing
- Approx. 21 cm x 21 cm x 4 cm (Width x Length x Height)
- Metal casing. Can be wall mounted or installed on desktop
- Weight: 2.2Kg.
- Supports up to four external dual-band (2.4/5 GHz) antennas
- Type-N antenna connectors
- Environmental specifications
- Operating temperature range: -25 to 75ºC
- Relative humidity: 5 to 95% (without condensation)
- 110 or 24 VDC power supply
- M-12 connector (4-pole, D-coded)
- Max. consumption: 8.2 W
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Wi-Fi interface
- Beamforming, short guard interval, adjustable DTIM, maximum-radio combining
- Multi-SSID, up to 16 per radio, each with a MAC address
- SSID broadcasting, allowed/blocked
- Wi-Fi optimization
- Airtime fairness, client load balancing & limitation, IAPP roaming(802.11f)
- Bandwidth limitation per user and SSID
- WMM 802.11e QoS
- Wi-Fi security and authentication
- Open, WEP64/128, WPA Personal/Enterprise, WPA2 Personal/Enterprise
- 802.1x/EAP-MD5, 802.1x/EAP-TLS, 802.1x/EAP-TTLS, 802.1x/EAP-PEAP
- Key management, PSK/TKIP encryption, AES encryption
- Detection mechanisms
- MAC filtering (dynamic blacklist )
- WIDS (Wireless Intrusion Detection System)
- WIPS (Wireless Protection Detection System)
- HTTP/HTTPS, telnet, SSH, Dime Manager, Colibri NetManager
- SNMP (v1, v2, v3), traps (v1, v2, v3), SNMP ACLs
- Configuration backup/restoration
- Operating modes
- Standalone WLAN AP, managed by a WLC or Colibri NetManager
- Point-to-point or point-to-multipoint WLAN bridge
- WLAN client
- Syslog client with different message severity levels
- Emission of alarms by e-mail
- Programming reset, interface activation/deactivation, SSIDs, etc.
- Supports IEEE 802.1q
- Up to 32 VLANs
- Managed by an external WLC or AP-master
- CAPWAP (DHCP option RFC1517)
- As Master-AP, it manages up to 5 additional access points
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Operating mode functions: WLAN client
- DHCP client, DHCP server, DHPC relay (not in Master-AP mode)
- VPN: IPSec, L2TP, PTP, GRE
- WEP60/128, WPA/WPA2 personal security
- Operating mode functions: WLAN Bridge
- Configurable roaming (off, slow, normal, fast, custom)
- It can act as master or client
- CE and Railway certifications
- CE: EN 60950; EN 300328; EN 301489-1; EN 301489-17; EN 301893; EN 62311
- EN 45545;EN 50155; EN 50121-3-2; EN 60068-2-1; EN 60068-2-2; EN 60068-2-27;
- EN 60068-2-30; EN 60068-2-47; EN 60068-2-64; EN 60068-3-1; EN 61373;