The H2-Automotive router is a multi-service communications platform for vehicles. It provides reliable 4G/LTE broadband and Wi-Fi communications, with redundancy options, link aggregation and advanced network security mechanisms. It is ideal for combining different on-board services.
Based on a ruggedized hardware design, the router features power supply protection, vibration isolation, mobility software, dynamic configurations (based on location and communications quality data), and delayed power off. It also offers seamless integration with any third party management tool, Wi-Fi or hotspot platform.
It combines Teldat’s CIT software with the latest corporate networking technologies to facilitate service management (for mass deployments, redundancy, quality of service, access security, and isolation).
Multiple simultaneous access links (LTE and/or Wi-Fi) with bandwidth aggregation and load balancing to ensure maximum availability and application continuity.
Designed to withstand vibrations and power surges, thus minimizing maintenance costs and outages.
Communication monitoring (availability/quality) and location tracking for per-service/route/link dynamic routing.
Uses the latest IP networking technologies available for vehicles, bringing security, quality and ease of use to large-scale, multi-service deployments.
The H2-Automotive is the ideal communications platform for all types of on-board services. Thanks to a dual LTE module and advanced monitoring and bandwidth aggregation, together with redundancy options and cutting-edge communications security, it is ideal for critical, high availability services.
A high range processor also ensures compatibility with broadband scenarios and the dual Wi-Fi module option makes it particularly suitable for use in high-density environments.
For onboard services, the wireless connection can be used as AP or client depending on the device’s location. This, together with the delayed power off feature, allows content to be automatically updated at depots.
It also features standards-based management and Teldat’s ecosystem management tools (Colibri NetManager and Hotspot) for easy management of large-scale deployments and turnkey solutions.
Figure 1: The connected bus: A new public transport paradigm
Figure 2: Real time CCTV and automatic downloads via Wi-Fi at depots
Supports up to 2 WWAN modules (4G/LTE). Each module can operate independently of the other or as backup. One of the modules also supports dual-SIM for operator redundancy.
Dual-SIM feature for two telecoms operators, employing one SIM to back up the other and using only one of the modules.
Up to two 802.11n Wi-Fi modules work in parallel to increase Wi-Fi service capacity in high density environments. One can operate as client and the other as an AP to use external Wi-Fi networks as the Internet source.
Extended operating temperature range (0 to 50°C). Shock and vibration isolation. Voltage range from 12 to 240 VDC for direct battery connection. Delayed power off feature for application continuity.
Power supply protection allows the device to be directly connected to the vehicle’s battery and protects against failures caused by an unstable power supply.
Concurrent use of multiple WAN interfaces(LTE, Wi-Fi, satellite, etc.)to distribute and/or aggregate load from multiple services on different interfaces, thus optimizing coverage areas and enhancing overall performance.
By using advanced protocols(VRF, VLANs, QoS, policy routing)with multiple WAN links, it allows the services and management of the different solutions sharing the communications to be logically separated from each other.
Ideal for telemarketing and fleet management. The device has a GPS (accessible via a TCP port) that provides real-time geo-location data in NMEA format.
The device can behave differently depending on its GPS position. The Wi-Fi can be used as AP or client for data synching at depots while the SIM selection feature can be used to optimize coverage and data consumption.
Advanced troubleshooting (such as sniffer and syslog) for analyzing service/position/coverage problems along the route. Cloud management with auto-provisioning means even unskilled personnel can install the equipment.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Up to 2 simultaneous WWAN Interfaces (LTE/HSPA+/HSPA/EDGE)
- Up to 2 built-in hardware modules with HSPA+or LTE/HSPA + technology
- 2 external antennas with one SMA connector per module
- Additional support for additional USB modules (optional license)
- Ethernet interfaces
- 4-port switch plus an optional WAN port (RJ45 connector)
- 802.3i (10BaseT), 802.3u (100BaseT), 802.3ab (1000BaseT)
- Supports duplex, IEEE 802.3u link-speed auto-negotiation, VLAN and 802.1x
- Up to 2 Wi-Fi Interfaces (802.11abgn)
- 802.11abgn selectable band (2.4/5 GHz) with access point and client mode
- 2x2 MIMO external antennas (SMA-RP connector) per module
- WEP, WPA, WPA2 security. WMM QoS. Multi SSID
- GPS interface
- Active GPS antenna with FME and NMEA protocol
- Acquisition type (Hot start 1sec, Warm start 29sec. Cold Start: 32 sec)
- Precision (Horizontal <2 m (50 %); Altitude < 4 m (50 %); Speed < 0.2 m/s)
- Dimensions and Weight
- Length x Width x Height: 215 x 211 x 49 mm
- Approximate weight: 1.9 Kg
- Flexible installation: Wall, ceiling and horizontal
- Environmental specifications
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95 %
- Temperature: 0º C to 50º C
- Shock and vibration isolation (EN 60068-2)
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Specific Wi-Fi functions
- Hotspot gateway function for hotspot services
- WLAN controller function for Teldat onboard APs
- Location-based dynamic function (AP or client)
- IP protocol
- ARP, ARP Proxy, MTU discovery, NAT, ECMP, BFD
- RIP, OSPF, BGP, policy-based static and dynamic routing
- Virtual Router Forwarding (Multi-VRF)
- IP protocol (2)
- Multicast: IGMP (v1, v2, v3), PIM-SM, MSDP, MLD, MLDv2
- IPSLA service probes (delay, package loss, jitter)
- High availability: VRRP, TVRP (HSRP compatible)
- IPSec support in transport mode and tunnel mode (including DMVPNs)
- Pre-shared authentication, RSA, Certificates, MDS, SHA-1
- Encryption: DES (56 bits), 3DES (168 bits), AES (128, 192 and 256 bits)
- Security (2)
- Certificates: CSR, SCEP, X.509v3, PKIX, LDAP revocation
- Static and dynamic access lists and session-based firewall
- DoS/DDoS attack detection
- IP services
- Telnet, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SFTP, and SSH server and client
- NTP, LDAP, Syslog, SCP client. TFTP server
- DHCP, dynDNS relay
- Quality of service
- Classification, marking, BW management, BW prioritizing and limitation
- Up to 32 classes and 16 queues per interface
- Strict policies (PQ), low latency (LLQ), by weight/class (WFQ, CBWFQ)
- Specific WWAN functions
- Automatic hand-over (passive and active probe-based detection)
- Advanced link monitoring (packet error, latency, jitter)
- Triple SIM and dual module associated with the hand-over mechanism
- CLI configuration and storage in a plain text file
- Assignment of user/group licenses
- RADIUS and TACACS+ compatible AAA support
- Management (2)
- Netflow, RMON V5 and V9, SNMPv1, v2c y v3, Syslog support
- Manageable via SMS
- Wireshark-compatible remote traffic capture
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Asynchronous console and serial port interface
- DB-9 connector with proprietary pinouts (including adapter)
- Type RS232, N81
- Default speed: 9600 bps. Maximum speed: 115200 bps
- Traffic balancing and bandwidth aggregation
- Per-session multipath (TCP/IP)
- Intelligent IPSec-based load balancing aggregation mechanism
- Use of DMVPNs and dynamic routing for application continuity
- Protocols: SIP (UDP, TCP, TLS) and support for SIP terminals
- GSM media gateway for backup calls on a GSM network
- Surviving services: calls, hold, transfers
- Onboard environment ruggedness and power supply protection
- ISO7637-2 power supply protection for direct battery power supply
- Certifications: EN 60068-2, EN60950-1, EN 55022, EN 55024
- Delayed power OFF (ignition-sensing activation)