The Teldat AP221n is a professional access point designed for scenarios requiring single-band Wi-Fi connections. It offers an elegant design for mounting on the wall or ceiling and blends in well with the environment thanks to the built-in antennas and its ability to deactivate the signaling LEDs.
It is a flexible device that can operate as a WLAN controller (WLC) for five additional access points, thus minimizing the hardware investment necessary to cover the connection requirements of an office, room or restaurant.
It also has a bridge-link functionality (master and client), allowing you to extend connectivity to isolated areas.
The AP221n is an access point for offices, hotels and restaurants that require a professional Internet connection.
It supports airtime fairness, client load balancing, and per-client and per-SSID client (up to 250) and bandwidth limitation.
Web configuration (http/https), telnet, SSH, SNMP, CAPWAP support from WLC in Teldat router, Dime Manager (up to 50 devices), Colibri NetManager.
Master-AP mode allows you to manage and configure up to 5 additional access points.
The Teldat AP221n is an access point featuring an 802.11abgn radio module and a Gigabit LAN interface, with built-in PoE, that offers professional connection services to clients who want simple and efficient access to their network or the Internet. The AP221n can operate as a standalone AP configured from its web interface, as a WLC managed by a Teldat router, or integrated into the Colibri NetManager centralized management platform for optimal management of a remote office park. It provides a means to control the number of connected users, limit bandwidth, and supports up to 16 SSIDs with associated VLANs for service separation. In terms of security mechanisms, it provides 802.11i for user authentication, ACLs and rogue AP/client detection.
Master-AP mode for the control of up to 5 additional APs. This mode allows you to deploy a Wi-Fi network without any additional hardware.
Figure 1: AP221n master-AP operating mode
AP mode managed from Colibri NetManager (CNM) with auto-provisioning and automatic start-up allowing you to quickly and easily deploy Wi-Fi in your office network.
Figure 2: AP221n AP operating mode managed from CNM
Radio module configurable at 2.4 GHz (Indoor/outdoor: 2412-2484 MHz) or 5GHz(Indoor: 5150-5240MHz) with automatic channel selection and speed autonegotiation (ARS)
Bandwidth limitation per user in each SSID
Detection and notification of rogue APs/Clients by emitting SNMP/Syslog alarms from the WLC or their viewing on the Colibri NetManager (CNM) dashboard.
Clients connected to the access point may or may not be visible to one another and provide an additional network security mechanism.
The equipment consumes a maximum of 6.5 W and even drops to 4.5 W in standby mode
It permits up to 16 SSIDs and 32 VLANs (802.1q). One VLAN can be associated with each SSID to segment traffic on the network.
It can act as AP/Bridge-link Master and enable connection of other APs in Bridge-Link Client mode
Remittance of information on different levels of criticality using Syslog client, SNMP traps or e-mail alarms.
Detailed monitoring of the radio interface: SSIDs, connected clients, signal/noise, transfer rate, Rx/Tx packages
Self-configuration from a Teldat router (WLC) or from the management tool, Colibri NetManager, reducing the risk of errors in mass configurations using previously validated models
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Interfaces and connectors
- LAN: 1 x 10/100/1000 Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX, RJ-45 connector
- Wi-Fi: 1 x 802.11abgn (2.4/5 GHz) radio module, 2x2 MIMO
- Kensington compatible security protection
- Dimensions and casing
- Approx. 15.9 cm x 14.5 cm x 4.3 cm (width x depth x height)
- Lightweight plastic casing
- Built-in dual band (2.4/5 GHz) antennas
- 2.4 GHz: 4 dBm gain, 5 GHz: 3 dBm gain
- Environmental specifications and consumption
- Operating temperature range: 0 to 40 °C; Storage: -10 to 70°C
- Relative humidity: 10 to 95 % (without condensation)
- Max: 6.4 W. Standby: < 4.5 W
- Power supply
- Optional external line: 9 V/1,3A DC; 100-240 AC
- European connector
- Optional PoE injector: 802.3af or 803.3at.
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Wi-Fi interface
- Automatic transfer rate and channel selection
- Multi-SSID, up to 16 per radio, each with a MAC address
- SSID broadcast, allowed/blocked
- Wi-Fi optimization
- Airtime fairness, client load balancing & limitation, IAPP roaming(802.11f)
- Bandwidth limitation per user and SSID
- WMM 802.11e QoS
- Wi-Fi security and authentication
- Open, WEP64/128, WPA Personal/Enterprise, WPA2 Personal/Enterprise
- 802.1x/EAP-MD5, 802.1x/EAP-TLS, 802.1x/EAP-TTLS, 802.1x/EAP-PEAP
- Key Management, PSK/TKIP Encryption, AES Encryption
- Detection mechanisms
- MAC filtering
- WIDS (Wireless Intrusion Detection System)
- WIPS (Wireless Protection Detection System)
- HTTP/HTTPS, telnet, SSH, Dime Manager, Colibri NetManager
- SNMP (v1, v2, v3), traps (v1, v2, v3), SNMP ACLs
- Configuration backup/restoration
- Operating modes
- Standalone WLAN AP, managed by a WLC or Colibri NetManager
- Point-to-point or point-to-multipoint WLAN bridge
- WLAN client
- Syslog client with different message severity levels
- E-mail alerts
- Programming reset, interface activation/deactivation, SSIDs, etc.
- Energy management
- Reduction of PoE consumption during periods without activity (802.3az)
- Change to 1x1 MIMO if there are no connected clients
- WMM 802.11e Power Save
- Supports IEEE 802.1q
- Up to 32 VLANs
- Managed by an external WLC or AP-master
- CAPWAP(DHCP option RFC1517)
- As Master-AP, it manages up to 5 additional APs
- Monitoring and statistics of managed APs
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Operating mode functions: WLAN client
- DHCP client, DHCP server, DHPC relay
- VPN: IPSec, L2TP, PTP, GRE
- WEP60/128, WPA/WPA2 personal security
- Operating mode functions: WLAN bridge
- Configurable roaming (off, slow, normal, fast, custom)
- It can act as master or client
- WPA2 Personal security
- CE configuration
- NTP client, NTP server, manual configuration
- R&TTE directive 1999/5/EG; EN 60950-1 (IEC60950); EN 300 328
- EN 301 489-17; EN 301 489-1; EN 301 893;