The Teldat AP222ac-ext access point supports 802.11ac technology and is a professional product for scenarios requiring high bandwidth and high performance. It features two radio modules which allows the device to offer simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi connections for clearly differentiated corporate (or end-user) services, making it ideal for offices with high user density. It is a flexible device and can operate as a standalone AP (controlling up to five additional access points) or as part of a WWAN solution managed by a Teldat router (WLC) or centrally managed via Colibri NetManager.
The AP222ac-ext is an access point developed for offices and designed to offer professional connectivity separating services and clients into different bands.
It supports airtime fairness, band steering, IAPP roaming (802.11f), WMM 802.11e, and client and bandwidth limitation per SSID.
Web configuration (http/https),Telnet, SSH, SNMP, CAPWAP support from WLC in Teldat router, Dime Manager (up to 50 devices), Colibri NetManager.
In master-AP mode, the device can manage/configure up to 5 additional access points.
The Teldat AP222ac-ext is an access point featuring two 802.11bgn/ac/an 2.4/5 GHz radio modules, both with 2x2 MIMO, which allow it to operate in both bands at the same time and offer up to 867 Mbps speeds per radio with ac technology. It is equipped with two Gigabit LAN interfaces and features built-in dual-band antennas. It includes airtime fairness and band steering to optimize bandwidth usage in diverse client scenarios with high and low range terminals. It supports 20/40/80 MHz channels, beamforming, MRC (Maximum Ratio Combining), STBC (Space Time Block Coding) and LDPC (Low Density Parity Check). In terms of security mechanisms, it includes 802.11i for user authentication, ACLs and WIPS/WIDS. The AP222ac-ext can operate as a standalone AP or it can be managed by a Teldat router (WLC) or Colibri NetManager. It provides the ability to limit the number of connected users and bandwidth and supports up to 32 SSIDs/VLANs.
With AP mode managed by a Teldat router the office is connected to the WAN network and the access points can be automatically configured and monitored.
Figure 1: AP222ac-ext AP operating mode managed by a router
AP operating mode managed from Colibri NetManager (CNM) with auto-provisioning and automatic start-up, facilitating simple and efficient deployment of the Wi-Fi service in a remote office network.
Figure 2: AP222ac-ext AP operating mode managed from CNM
Two 802.11bgnac 2.4/5 GHz radio modules with 2x2 MIMO and up to 23 dBm of transmit power allow the device to provide connectivity to terminals that work in both frequency bands with all current technologies.
You can set a threshold for the maximum number of connected clients. When this threshold is reached, clients are diverted to neighboring APs or to the typically less congested 5 GHz band.
Malicious clients and APs that are included on a dynamic black list are reported to the controller or Colibri NetManager.
40 MHz bandwidth for 802.11n and short guard interval of up to 300 Mbps; 80 MHz bandwidth for 802.11ac and short guard interval of up to 867 Mbps.
Optimized power consumption, by downgrading the connection to 1x1 MIMO when there are no connected clients, turning off the LEDs and reducing the Ethernet power consumption (802.3az) FA not included by default.
It supports up to 16 SSIDs per each radio module and up to 32 VLANs (802.1q). You can assign one VLAN per SSID to differentiate network traffic.
It allows for directional transmission to a terminal connected to the network, optimizing the signal-noise ratio perceived by the receiver and considerably improving the data flow.
The device sends information with different levels of severity via Syslog, SNMP traps and e-mail alerts.
In-depth monitoring of the radio interface: SSIDs, connected clients, signal/noise, transfer rate, Tx/Tx packets.
Auto-configuration from a Teldat router (WLC) or Colibri NetManager. This reduces the risk of configuration errors in large-scale deployments as pre-validated templates are used.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Interfaces and connectors
- LAN: 2 x 10/100/1000 Mbps,auto MDI/MDIX, RJ-45 connector
- Wi-Fi: Two 802.11abgn/ac (2.4 or 5 GHz) modules with 2x2 MIMO
- Kensington compatible security protection
- Dimensions and casing
- Approx. 15.9 cm x 14.5 cm x 4.3 cm (width x depth x height)
- Lightweight plastic casing (wall/ceiling mount kit included)
- Controllable LEDs: status/flash/off
- Four external antennas with RSMA connector
- 2.4/5Ghz: 1.5 dBm gain
- Environmental specifications and consumption
- Operating temperature range: 0 to 40 °C; Storage: -10 to 70°C
- Relative humidity: 10 to 95% (without condensation)
- Max: 12.4W
- Power Supply
- Optional external line: 9V/1,3A DC; 100-240 AC
- European connector
- Optional PoE injector: 802.3af or 803.3at.
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Wi-Fi interface
- Beamforming, short guard interval, adjustable DTIM, maximum ratio combining
- Multi-SSID, up to 16 per radio, each with a MAC address
- SSID broadcasting allowed/blocked
- Wi-Fi optimization
- Airtime fairness; client load balancing and limitation
- Bandwidth limitation per user and SSID
- WMM 802.11e QoS
- Wi-Fi security and authentication
- Open, WEP64/128, WPA Personal/Enterprise, WPA2 Personal/Enterprise
- 802.1x/EAP-MD5, 802.1x/EAP-TLS, 802.1x/EAP-TTLS, 802.1x/EAP-PEAP
- Key management, PSK/TKIP encryption, AES encryption
- Detection mechanisms
- MAC filtering (dynamic blacklist )
- WIDS (Wireless Intrusion Detection System)
- WIPS (Wireless Protection Detection System)
- HTTP/HTTPS, telnet, SSH, Dime Manager, Colibri NetManager
- SNMP (v1, v2, v3), traps (v1, v2, v3), SNMP ACLs
- Configuration backup/restoration
- Operating modes
- Standalone WLAN AP
- Managed by a Teldat router
- Managed from Colibri NetManager
- Syslog client with different message severity levels
- E-mail alerts
- Programming reset, interface activation/deactivation, SSIDs, etc.
- Energy management
- Reduction of PoE consumption during idle periods (802.3az)
- Change to 1x1 MIMO when there are no connected clients
- WMM 802.11e power save
- Supports IEEE 802.1q
- Up to 32 VLANs
- Managed by an external WLC or AP-master
- CAPWAP(DHCP option RFC1517)
- As master-AP, it manages up to 5 additional access points
- Configuration and monitoring for managed APs
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Standalone AP mode features
- NTP client/server, DNS client/server, manual configuration
- DHCP client, DHCP server, DHPC relay (not in master-AP mode)
- VPN: IPSec, L2TP, PTP, GRE
- Additional components
- EU wall power source (APPSEU0001)
- US wall power source (APPSUS0001)
- PoE injector (APPOE0001)