The Teldat API221n is an industrial access point housed in an IP40 protected aluminium casing designed to meet the specific dust and temperature requirements typical of workshops, warehouses and facilities with special environmental conditions. It is equipped with external antennas and can be mounted on the wall or on a DIN rail using the supplied brackets.
It is a flexible device that can be used either as a standalone WLAN controller for five additional access points, providing an excellent integrated solution for industrial areas, or centrally managed from Colibri NetManager.
Access point that has been developed for harsh industrial environments and other places that require rugged equipment capable of handling special conditions.
It suports airtime fairness, client load balancing, and per-client and per-SSID client (up to 250) and bandwidth limitation.
Web configuration (http/https), telnet, SSH, SNMP, CAPWAP support from WLC in Teldat router, Dime Manager (up to 50 devices), Colibri NetManager.
Master-AP mode allows you to manage and configure up to 5 additional access points.
The Teladt API2221n is an industrial access point featuring an 802.11abgn, 2.4/5 GHz radio module with 2x2 MIMO capable of reaching up to 300 Mbps bandwidth. The two Gigabit LAN interfaces and built-in PoE allow it to offer connectivity services in professional settings with unfavorable environmental conditions.
The API221n supports advanced monitoring from its graphical interface, reporting incidents through SNMP traps/Syslog events and even sending alarms by e-mail. It provides a means to control the number of connected users, limit broadband, and supports up to 16 SSIDs with associated VLANs for service separation. In terms of security mechanisms, it provides 802.11i for user authentication (WPA/WPA2 Enterprise), ACLs and WIPS/WIDS.
Master-AP mode for the control of up to 5 additional APs. This mode allows you to deploy a Wi-Fi network without any additional hardware.
Figure 1: API221n master-AP operating mode
AP mode managed from Colibri NetManager 8CNM) with auto-provisioning and automatic start-up allowing you to quickly and easily deploy Wi-Fi in your office network.
Figure 2: API221n AP mode managed from CNM
Configurable radio that supports 2.4 GHz (indoor/outdoor: 2412-2484 MHz) or 5 GHz (indoor:5150-5350 Mhz) with automatic channel selection and link speed auto-negotiation (ARS).
Bandwidth limitation per user and SSID.
Rogue AP/client detection and notification via SNMP/Syslog alerts from the WLC or shown on the dashboard for those with Colibri NetManager (CNM).
Clients connected to the access point can be prevented from seeing one another, thus providing an additional network security mechanism.
The equipment consumes a maximum of 6.5 W.
It supports up to 16 SSIDs and 32 VLANs (802.1q). you can assign one VLAN per SSID to differentiate network traffic.
Power is automatically lowered in accordance with EN301893. Dynamic Frequency Selection operating without interruption every 24 hours.
Information with different levels of severity are sent via Syslog, SNMP traps or e-mail alerts.
In-depth monitoring of the radio interface: SSIDs, connected clients, signal/noise, transfer rate, Rx/Tx packages.
Auto-configuration from a Teldat router as WLC or grom CNM, thus reducing the risk of configuration errors in large-scale deployments.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Interfaces and connectors
- LAN: 2x10/100/1000 Mbps,auto MDI/MDIX, RJ-45 connector
- Wi-Fi: 1 x 802.11abgn (2.4/5 GHz) radio module, 2x2 MIMO
- Kensington compatible security protection
- Dimensions and casing
- Approx. 15.0 cm x 12.0 cm x 4.1 cm (width x depth x height)
- Resistant aluminium casing
- IP40 certification
- Two external dual band (2.4/5 GHz) antennas with RSMA
- 2.4/5 GHz antenna gain: 2 dBi
- Environmental specifications and consumption
- Operating temperature range: -20 to 50° C
- Relative humidity: 10 to 95 % (without condensation)
- Maximum consumption: 6.4 W
- Power supply
- Optional external line: 9 V/1,3A DC; 100-240 AC
- European connector
- Optional PoE injector: 802.3af or 803.3at.
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Wi-Fi interface
- Automatic transfer rate and channel selection
- MultiSSID, up to 16 per radio with MAC address for each one
- SSID broadcast, alowed/blocked
- Wi-Fi optimisation
- Airtime fairness, client load balancing & limitation, IAPP roaming(802.11f)
- Bandwidth limitation per user and SSID
- WMM 802.11e QoS
- Wi-Fi security and authentication
- Open, WEP64/128, WPA Personal/Enterprise, WPA2 Personal/Enterprise
- 802.1x/EAP-MD5, 802.1x/EAP-TLS, 802.1x/EAP-TTLS, 802.1x/EAP-PEAP
- Key Management, PSK/TKIP Encryption, AES Encryption
- Detection mechanisms
- MAC filtering
- WIDS (Wireless Intrusion Detection System)
- WIPS (Wireless Protection Detection System)
- HTTP/HTTPS, telnet, SSH, Dime Manager, Colibri NetManager
- SNMP (v1, v2, v3), traps (v1, v2, v3), SNMP ACLs
- Configuration backup/restoration
- Operating modes
- Standalone WLAN AP, managed by a WLC or Colibri NetManager
- Point-to-point or point-to-multipoint WLAN bridge
- WLAN client
- Syslog client with different message severity levels
- E-mail alerts
- Programming reset, interface activation/deactivation, SSIDs, etc.
- Supports IEEE 802.1q
- Up to 32 VLANs
- Managed by an external WLC or AP-master
- CAPWAP (DHCP option RFC1517)
- As master-AP, it manages up to 5 additional APs
- Monitoring and statistics of managed APs
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Operating mode functions: WLAN client
- DHCP client, DHCP server, DHPC relay
- VPN: IPSec, L2TP, PTP, GRE
- WEP60/128, WPA/WPA2 personal security
- Operating mode functions: WLAN bridge
- Configurable roaming (off, slow, normal, fast, custom)
- Complete monitoring: link activation, signal/noise ratio, speed, etc.
- It can act as master or client
- WPA2 personal and DFS security for 5GHz
- Point-to-point or point-to-multipoint connections (8 levels)
- CE configuration
- NTP client, NTP server, manual configuration
- R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EG; EN 60950-1 (IEC60950); EN 300 328
- EN 301 489-17; EN 301 489-1; EN 301 893;