The Teldat APO221n is an outdoor access point protected by an IP65 water-resistant metal housin. It is capable of supporting temperatures ranging from -25 to 70 ºC, making it particularly suitable for places with extreme weather conditions such as airports, business parks, gardens, etc.
It has 2 optional external antennas with type-N connectors for protection from exposure to humidity. There is also a pole-mount kit available for mounting the device on a pole. It can operate in standalone, managed, client, and bridge-link mode, allowing you to extend connectivity to the entire outside perimeter of a company.
The APO221n is an access point adapted for public outdoor spaces, warehouses, parks or gardens where you want to provide a connectivity service.
It supports airtime fairness, client load balancing, and per-SSID client (up to 250) and bandwidth limiting.
Web configuration (http/https), Telnet, SSH, SNMP, CAPWAP support from WLC on Teldat router, Dime Manager (up to 50 devices), Colibri NetManager.
It can manage and configure up to 5 additional access points in master-AP operating mode.
The Teldat APO221n is an IP65 industrial-grade access point featuring 802.11abgn 2x2 MIMO and dual band 2.4/5 GHz frequencies, with speeds of up to 300 Mbps. It has 2 Gigabit LAN interfaces, built-in PoE, allowing you to offer connectivity services to professional settings with specific environmental conditions. it supports airtime fairness, client and bandwidth limiting, and up to 16 SSIDs with associated VLANs for service separation. In terms of security, it includes 802.11i for user authentication (Enterprise WPA/WPA2), ACLs, and WIPS/WIDS.
The APO221n supports advanced monitoring, incident alerts via SNMP traps/Syslog, and even sending alarms via e-mail. Using the (master/client) bridge-link functionality, you can extend radio links between outdoor zones in point-multipoint mode by up to 8 levels.
Master-AP operating mode for the control of up to 5 additional APs. This mode allows you to deploy a Wi-Fi network without any additional hardware.
Figure 1: APO221n bridge-link operating mode
AP operating mode managed from Colibri NetManager (CNM) with auto-provisioning and automatic startup for easy, efficient Wi-Fi service deployment in the required area.
Figure 2: APO221n AP operating mode managed from CNM
Configurable radio module that supports 2.4 GHz (Indoor/outdoor: 2412-2484 MHz) or 5 GHz (outdoor: 5470-5725 MHz) with automatic channel selection and link speed auto-negotiation (ARS).
Per-SSID user bandwidth limits.
Rogue AP/client detection and notification via SNMO/Syslog alerts from the WLC or shown on the dashboard for those with Colibri NetManager (CNM).
Clients connected to the access point can be prevented from seeing each other, providing additional network security.
The equipment consumes a maximum of 6.5 W. This can drop to 4.8 W in standby mode 8after 5 minutes of inactivity).
It supports up to 16 SSIDs and 32 VLANs (802.1q). You can assign one VLAN per SSID to differentiate network traffic.
The device can act as AP/bridge-link master to connect other APs in bridge-link client mode.
The device generates Sysslog, SNMP traps and email alerts with different severity levels.
In-depth radio interface monitoring: SSIDs, connected clients, signal/noise, transfer rate, packet Rx/Tx.
The device is automatically configured from a Teldat router (WLC) or Colibri NetManager. This reduces the risk of configuration errors in large-scale deployments because pre-validated templates are used.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Interfaces and connectors
- LAN: 2 x 10/100/1000 Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX, RJ-45 connector (HPP V4)
- Wi-Fi: 1 x 2.4/5 GHz 802.11abgn radio module with 2x2:2 MIMO
- Wall kit with Kensington-compatible security
- Dimensions and housing
- Approx. 17.3 cm x 17.6 cm x 7.2 cm (Width x Depth x Height)
- Aluminium housing
- IP65 protection against exposure to dust and moisture
- Two type-N connectors
- 2.4 Ghz: 4 dBm gain, 5 GHz: 3 dBm gain
- Environmental specifications and consumption
- Operating temperature range: -25 to 70 °C
- Max: 6.5 W, Standby: 4.8 W
- Weight: 1300 g
- Power Supply
- Optional external line: 12-24V DC/1.4A M12 connector
- Optional PoE injector: 802.3af or 803.3at
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Wi-Fi interface
- Automatic transfer rate and channel selection
- Multi-SSID, up to 16 per radio, each with a MAC address
- SSID broadcast allowed/blocked
- Wi-Fi optimization
- Airtime fairness, per-client load balancing/limiting, IAPP roaming (802.11f
- Per-SSID user bandwidth limiting
- WMM 802.11e QoS
- Wi-Fi security and authentication
- Open, WEP64/128, WPA Personal/Enterprise, WPA2 Personal/Enterprise
- 802.1x/EAP-MD5, 802.1x/EAP-TLS, 802.1x/EAP-TTLS, 802.1x/EAP-PEAP
- Key Management, PSK/TKIP Encryption, AES Encryption
- Detection mechanisms
- MAC filtering
- Wireless Intrusion Detection System (WIDS)
- Wireless Protection Detection System (WIPS)
- HTTP/HTTPS, Telnet, SSH, Dime Manager, Colibri NetManager
- SNMP (v1, v2, v3), traps (v1, v2, v3), SNMP ACLs
- Configuration backup/restoration
- Operating modes
- Standalone WLAN AP, managed by a WLC or Colibri NetManager
- Point-to-point/point-multipoint WLAn bridge
- WLAN Client
- Syslog Client with different severity levels
- Email alerts for selected events
- Programming reset, interface activation/deactivation, SSIDs, etc.
- Energy management
- Reduced PoE consumption during idle periods
- Change to 1x1 MIMO when there are no clients connected
- 802.11e WMM power save
- Supports IEEE 802.1q
- Up to 32 VLANs
- Managed by an external WLC or master-AP
- CAPWAP (DHCP option RFC1517)
- Manages up to 5 additional APs as master-AP
- Monitoring and statistics of managed APs
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Operating mode functions: WLAN Client
- DHCP Client, DHCP Server, DHPC Relay
- VPN: IPSec, L2TP, PTP, GRE
- WEP60/128, WPA/WPA2 personal security
- Operating mode functions: WLAN Bridge
- Configurable roaming (off, slow, normal, fast, custom)
- It can act as Master or Client
- CE configuration
- NTP Client, NTP Server, manual configuration
- R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EG; EN 60950-1 (IEC60950); EN 300 328
- EN 301 489-17; EN 301 489-1; EN 301 893;