We are looking forward to receiving a comment on our blog posts from you – no matter whether it is affirmation, controversial criticism or an additional aspect to the post’s content. However, to ensure that our blog is buzzing with quality conversation and that the integrity of our bloggers and our readers is maintained, we ask you to take note of the following guidelines and advice and to act upon them. If you are an employee of the Teldat Group or one of its brands, please consider our general social media guidelines in addition to the below.
- Respect your audience. We all appreciate respect – no matter whether it is in the real or a virtual world. Don’t use ethnic slurs, personal insults or obscenity, or engage in any conduct that you wouldn’t accept yourself. You should also show proper consideration for the privacy of others and for topics that may be considered objectionable or inflammatory (like religion or politics). Showing respect also includes not commenting negatively on other brands and companies.
- Please respect copyright. If it is not yours, don’t use it. It is very simple. It is everybody’s own choice to share his or her ideas and materials with the world, not yours. Before posting someone else’s work, please check with the owner first. When you do make a reference, where possible, link back to the source.
- It’s on you! You are personally responsible for the content you contribute to this blog and your registered username will appear. The Teldat Group does not warrant that any comments are correct and/or complete.
- Have you posted something that just wasn’t true? Be the first to respond to your own mistake.
- Stay relevant. Offer comments and feedback that contribute to quality conversation about the topic being discussed. Off-topic comments will disturb the discussion and might confuse other readers.
- Consider the blog’s purpose. This blog is a web-diary of Teldat Group employees from various areas within our organization and does have a particular goal (About the blog). We invite you to let us know what you think! However, if you have questions, suggestions and/or opinions on brand-related issues (e.g. product claims or product ideas, etc.), this blog is not the right place to discuss these topics.
- Don’t impose your opinion on others. You have every right to have a personal point of view. And everybody else has this right as well!
- Be smart. Please remember that the internet never forgets. This means everything you publish will be visible to the world for a very, very long time. Common sense is a huge factor here. If you are about to publish something that makes you even the slightest bit uncomfortable, review. Do not reveal personal information about yourself, bloggers or fellow commenters; and do not reveal confidential or proprietary information.
- Involve as many people as possible in the conversation. The Teldat Group’s official language is English and Spanish. We would like to enable as many interested people as possible to follow and participate in our conversation. That’s why we will only accept English/Spanish comments.
- Don’t become to promotional. We can’t accept comments which promote external commercial purposes, especially if the content is not relevant to the matter of the article.
- First review, then submit. We want to share your comments which are published in the Teldat Group blog as long as possible. By submitting your comment you entitle the Teldat Group to publish your comment without time limitation within the Teldat Group blog. Please review your comment before submitting in terms of whether or not you want it to be published the way you just authored it.
All rules and advices also apply for usernames.