Ensuring connectivity for a corporation's office is essential. While redundant copper or fiber connections are useful, different fixed access methods often share the same infrastructure which means there is a chance they might fail at the same time. By contrast, mobile networks use air as a medium and a different infrastructure to fixed networks. This, together with the high level of efficiency of 5G networks in terms of latency and speed, make them the ideal backup system or even as the main connection for offices.
Teldat-5Ge is a 5G device that provides a non-intrusive way to enable mobile access in corporate routers that do not natively support mobile connections or that are installed in communications cabinets with poor coverage. Teldat-5Ge is a peripheral device that works with the router to secure and maintain control over the communications. It can also operate as a standalone device.
No configuration required, just connect to Ethernet and it´s ready to go. If PoE+ is enabled, you only need the Ethernet cable; if not, you'll need to plug it.
The device uses auto provisioning to download the configuration (similar to an IP phone) from the office router.
The router controls the mobile connection, applying the same connection, security and QoS policies used for the fixed connection.
The 5Ge, unlike other devices, is capable of meeting all the EN-DC band combinations and DSS requirements that 5G-NSA networks usually need.
Teldat-5Ge is the fastest, most effective and versatile solution for the new 5G mobile connectivity.
Mobile networks are unquestionably the ideal backup connectivity solution where wired networks are unavailable. However, corporate routers are not usually prepared to handle a wireless connection or are housed in locations where mobile network coverage is lousy. Teldat-5Ge provides the solution to these problems. The compact design of the device makes it ideal for placing inside the office for optimum coverage and it connects to the corporate router via Ethernet.
The existing corporate router directly controls the mobile connection and integrates it with security, QoS and network management policies (Teldat-5Ge can operate as a standalone device).
With automatic provisioning and Power over Ethernet support, Teldat-5Ge can be efficiently and securely installed in just a few minutes, without requiring qualified personnel.
Using the mobile network to back up the fixed network, integrating both connections into the same network infrastructure.
Figure 1: Peripheral device for the existing router
Autonomous mobile network connection for network and device backup.
Figure 2: Autonomous mobile router
The router that manages the fixed connections also controls the mobile connections and therefore enforces the same security and QoS policies.
The setup process implies standard features. A VLAN is used to set up the data connection between the router and the Teldat-5Ge, creating what is, for all intents and purposes, a virtual interface on the router.
Teldat-5Ge does not store the configuration but it receives it via DHCP during startup. This means that you do not need to do anything on the device before physically installing it.
The device can be managed from the existing router, so you do not need to reserve an address for managing the device or register it on the management systems.
With Power over Ethernet+ support (a PoE+ injector is available for non-PoE+ switches) it can be powered simply using a single Ethernet cable making installation quick and easy.
Designed to be mounted on a wall to get the best signal strength.
The device goes unnoticed in work/transit areas thanks to its compact size and elegant design.
In "router mode" the Teldat-5Ge is a standalone solution that provides copper and 5G WAN connectivity to remote offices.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Gigabit connection to the local network
- 1x 2,5GbE LAN port and 1x 2,5GbE WAN port(Optional)
- RJ45 connector
- Four external antennas
- SMA connector
- Dual SIM support
- Dimensions and weight
- Length x Width x Height: 196.33 x 196.33 x 54.93 mm.
- Approximate weight: 0,4kg
- Format: Desktop and wall
- Environmental specifications
- Temperature: 0 to 45 ºC
- Relative humidity: 5 to 90%
- Atmospheric pressure: 700 to 1060 mbars
- 5G: Sub 6Ghz NSA and SA modes. Mimo 4x4/2x2
- NSA TDD: Max 2.5Gbps(DL)/ 650Mbps(UL).SA TDD: Max 2.1Gbps(DL)/ 450Mbps (UL)
- 5G FR1 bands: n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n25, n28, n38, n40,
- n41, n48, n66, n71, n77, n78, n79
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Parameters received via DHCP
- The office router is normally the DHCP server
- Install and ready to go
- Communication with the router
- Connection to the router via VLAN
- Use of existing Ethernet infrastructure
- Manageable from the router
- IP protocol(1)*
- ARP, ARP Proxy, MTU discovery, NAT, ECMP, BFD
- RIP, OSPF, BGP, policy-based static and dynamic routing
- Virtual Router Forwarding (Multi-VRF)
- IP protocol (2)*
- Multicast: IGMP (v1, v2, v3), PIM-SM, MSDP, MLD, MLDv2
- IPSLA service probes (delay, package loss, jitter)
- High availability: VRRP, TVRP (HSRP compatible)
- IPSec support in transport and tunnel mode
- Pre-shared authentication, RSA, Certificates, MDS, SHA-2
- Encryption: DES (56 bits), 3DES (168 bits), AES (128, 192 and 256 bits)
- Security (2)*
- Certificates: CSR, SCEP, X.509v3, PKIX, LDAP revocation
- Static and dynamic access lists and session-based Firewall
- DoS and DDoS detection
- IP services*
- DHCP, DNS, FTP, SFTP, SSH, Telnet server and client
- NTP, LDAP, Syslog, SCP client. TFTP Server, DHCP Relay , dynDNS
- Phone terminal management using with SIP
- Quality of service*
- Classification, marking, BW management, BW prioritization and limitation
- Up to 32 types 16 queues per interface
- Strict policies (PQ), Low latency (LLQ), by weight/type (WFQ, CBWFQ)
- Dual Stack, IP6oIPv4, IPv4oIPv6, GRE, 6rd, DHCPv6, ICMPv6, SLAAC
- Static and dynamic routing RIPng, OSPFv3, MP-BGP
- Multicast: MLD, MLDv2, Listener, Querier
- Netflow, RMON V5 and V9, SNMPv1, v2c y v3, Syslog support
- Manageable via SMS.Wireshark-compatible remote traffic capture
- (*) Features available in router mode only.
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- PWR: Power/Error, SIM: Active SIM, Cell: Cellular status
- Ethernet 1: Link / Traffic LAN1, Ethernet 2: Link / Traffic LAN2