The Teldat M8Smart edge is specially designed for cloud services thinking in enterprises with high performance requirements. The M8Smart scales from medium to large branch offices providing corporate data communications with a compact form factor, low power consumption and no fans for high MTBF. The M8Smart can be installed in work areas with no noise or using the rack kit for for installations in communications cabinets.
The M8Smart family edge is the complete solution for all data services through a single platform, including duan WAN ports, LTE high speed and wireless local connectivity for laptops, tablets and smartphones. In addition it simplifies network deployment with Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP ) and also it is integrated in the SDWAN Teldat solution offering to customers a more agile and affordable user experience without sacrificing full functionality, security or reliability.
The M8Smart enables smooth transition from traditional communications in remote offices to a hybrid SD-WAN network, ensuring the client's investment.
Edge with high speed MBPS ratio in switching/routing scenarios, sophisticated QoS and professional VPN-multivendor capabilities
Customer can replace multiple devices by a single and flexible unit like M8Smart for the overall communications reducing costs and simplifying operations.
The M8Smart family includes edge models(for Europe/America and APAC) with embedded LTE module Cat.6, up to 300Mbps DL/50 Mbps UL. (Category 12 *Roadmap)
The Teldat M8Smart edge is specially designed for cloud services thinking in enterprises with high performance requirements. It scales from medium to large branch offices providing corporate data communications with a compact form factor, low power consumption and no fans for high MTBF. The M8Smart can be installed in work areas with no noise or using the rack kit for for communications cabinets.
The M8Smart family edge is the complete solution for all data services through a single platform, including duan WAN ports, LTE high speed and wireless local connectivity. In addition it simplifies network deployment with Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP ) and also it is integrated in the SDWAN Teldat solution offering to customers a more agile and affordable user experience without sacrificing full functionality, security or reliability.
With the M8Smart edge, Teldat anticipates the companies' real needs in communications.
Figure 1: Dual WAN services
Figure 2: Full connectivity scenario
Built-in two electrical/optical Gigabit Ethernet interfaces to accommodate any connectivity scenario, whether single or redundant. Second WAN enabled under optional license.
Up to 4 Gbps aggregated performance with the dual Combo’s interfaces simultaneously
Powerful CPU with hardware encryption available as an option
The built-in switch is ideal for small offices because it eliminates the need for an external switch, thus reducing costs and points of failure. GE, duplex, self-negotiable ports.
LTE-Advanced Cat-6 embedded module delivers up to 300 Mbps download speed. It also will be available with LTE Cat 12 600Mbps DL(*Roadmap)
Customers can enjoy full mobility in the office because some M8Smart models include a dual radio 802.11n/ac Wi-Fi access point with 2x2 MIMO antenna technology
The M8Smart application software includes all the advanced functions needed in corporate networks and carrier services, ready for the professional most demanding scenarios.
M8Smart is the more agile and affordable edge model with easy network deployment(ZTP) and cloud services ready.
The M8Smart sends an alarm to the central management tool in case of any issue with the power-source avoiding false alarms badly diagnosed and optimizing their resolution.
Destokp/Wall fanless solution without noise and perfect for LTE or WLAN services at the office
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- LAN connectivity
- 4x 10/100/1000 ethernet ports (LAN/WAN configurable)
- RJ45 connector, selfnegotiation, automatic crossover
- 802.3i (10BaseT), 802.3u (100BaseT), 802.3ab (1000BaseT)
- WAN Combo GE & SFP
- WAN 1(Default): 1x 10/100/1000 RJ45 LAN port/1x 1000 Mbps SFP slot
- WAN 2(Optional license): same than WAN1
- Optical interface: 1000 Mbps (1000BASE-X) LX/LH-SX-ZX
- WLAN interface
- Dual radio 802.11abgn/ac wave 2
- 2x2 MUMIMO internal antennas
- WEP, WPA, WPA2 security. WMM QoS, multi SSID
- WWAN interface
- Built-in hardware module with Advanced LTE cat.6
- LTE with fallback to 3G
- 2 external antennas with SMA connector
- Teldat M8Smart models
- RCSMH001: Teldat M8Smart: Chassis with 1xCombo GE/SFP, 4xGE
- RCSMH002: Teldat M8Smart: Chassis with 1xCombo, 4xGE, WLAN 802.11n/ac
- LTE models: RCSMH001-LTE1, RCSMH001-LTE2, RCSMH002-LTE1, RCSMH002-LTE2
- Dimensions and environmental specifications
- L x W x H: 310 x 180 x 45 mm (No Wifi) 310 x 197 x 45 mm (Wifi version)
- Format: Desktop, wall and rack mounting
- Temperature: 0 to 40 ºC, Storage: -25ºC to 70ºC
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- IP protocol
- ARP, ARP Proxy, MTU discovery, NAT/PAT, ICMP, BFD
- Static and dynamic routing: RIP, OSPF, BGP, policy based routing(PBR)
- Virtual Router Forwarding (Multi-VRF)
- IP protocol (2)
- Multicast routing: IGMP (v1,v2, v3), PIM-SM, MSDP, MLD, MLDv2
- IPSLA service probes (delay, packet loss, jitter)
- High availability: VRRP, HSRP
- Security (1)
- IPSec support in transport and tunnel mode.
- Pre-shared authentication, RSA, Certificates, MDS, SHA-1
- Encrypted: DES (56 bits), 3DES (168 bits), AES (128, 192 and 256 bits)
- Security (2)
- MAC filtering. Static and dynamic access lists(ACLs)
- Session-based Firewal
- Deep packet inspection(L7 firewall)
- IP services
- FTP, SFTP, SSH, Telnet server and client
- NTP, LDAP, Syslog, SCP client. TFTP server
- DHCP server/client/relay, DNS Proxy, dynDNS
- Quality of Service(QoS)
- Classification, marking, BW management, BW prioritization and limitation
- Strict policies (PQ), Low latency (LLQ), by weight/type (WFQ, CBWFQ)
- 802.1p tagging. DSCP/ToS/Cos/propietary mapping
- Dual Stack, IP6oIPv4, IPv4oIPv6, GRE, 6rd, DHCP, ICMPv6, SLAAC
- Static and dynamic routing RIPng, OSPFv3, MP-BGP
- Multicast: MLD, MLDv2, Listener, Querier
- Voice over IP
- Protocols: SIP2.0 (UDP, TCP, TLS), H323, UA-NOE, SRTP, SCCP
- Support for terminals SIP, UA-NOE, H323, SCCP
- SIP trunking and IP-PBX features
- CLI configuration and storage in a plain text file
- RADIUS and TACACS+ AAA support, Netflow, RMON, SNMPv1, v2c y v3
- Syslog support. Wireshark-compatible remote packet capture
- SDWAN networks
- Overlay over hybrid networks with App-aware routing, QoS and Visibility
- Central SD-WAN flow control including Zero Touch Provisioning
- Applications Service Chaining
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Out of band management (Console port)
- RJ45 female connector with proprietary pinouts (including adapter)
- Type RS232, N81
- Default speed 9600 bps, maximum speed 115200 bps
- Power supply, Status, WAN-1, WAN-2, LAN, WLAN-1, WLAN-2
- Cell, 4xRSSI, 2xSIM, GPS & Cloud
- 2 additional LEDs for each Ethernet port (link, speed and activity)
- MTBF and maximum power consumption
- MTBF(No radio/Radio models): 439/392KHours
- Max. Power: 15W(No radio) & 26W(Radio models)