The Regesta-PRO ER MR router family brings today's most advanced corporate IP network protocols to the world of smart grids. These routers have been specially designed to provide a range of connectivity solutions, through multiple access technologies, in remote and unattended locations where the characteristics of the site demand multiple power ranges and a high level of industrial-grade ruggedness.
It takes full advantage of Teldat's advanced internetworking software (CIT) to provide the latest in communications security with encryption, authentication management and access control as protection against intrusion.
Combined with Teldat or third-party SNMP management tools, it is ideal for large-scale deployments (where the auto-provisioning feature enables deployments without the intervention of qualified IT personnel).
Multiple access technologies employed (2 simultaneous WWAN, ADSL + LTE, ADSL +Ethernet) with real-time backup mechanisms, SNMP trap notifications and alerts.
Adaptable hardware design for unattended installations, with extended temperature range (-10 to 60º C) and electrical/electromagnetic immunity.
A single device for networks with diverse power supplies.
The latest IP network technologies for smart grid communications bringing security, quality and ease of use to large-scale multi-service deployments.
REGESTA-PRO ER are industrial-grade routers that provide secure and reliable IP broadband connectivity to SCADA telecontrol and telemetry network in smart grid deployments.
THe built-in Ethernet switch can provide services to large number of intelligent electronic devices at remote locations, including VLAN support and other advanced switching features.
The router guarantees optimal execution and maximum security of communications between multiple IP services. In addition, the simultaneous use of 2G/3G/LTE interfaces and ADSL and Ethernet links provides maximum communications reliability, which is ensured thanks to the full support of the management, supervision and backup functionalities.
The Regesta PRO ER router incorporates the latest communications security technology with a comprehensive collection of VPN protocols and firewall techniques.
Use of multiple access networks guaranteeing continuous communication of critical services established with automatic backup methods based on link quality for each network.
Figure 1: Multi-network/multiservice backup scenario
Figure 2: Telemetry and telecontrol communications
Automatically detectable 10/100 Mbps speed. It allows for configurations of 2, 4 or 6 active ports. 2 or 4 port models can be increased to the maximum 6 ports at a later date with a software license.
40V-75 VDC and 110V-220 VAC power supply, both ranges supported in a single model for easy deployment and maintenance.
Up to two embedded 2G/3G/4G interfaces with a dual SIM card tray for automatic backups. Advanced Teldat system for proactive monitoring and automatic recovery from WWAN incidents.
The routers are certified for use in electrical environments with EMC, isolation, immunity, electrical, climatic and mechanical certificates.
The Regesta-PRO ER housing is designed for optimal heat dissipation, can be mounted on a DIN rail or wall, and guarantees operation between -10 and 60º C with up to 95% humidity.
The Regesta-PRO ER includes state-of-art security, including ACLs, firewall, 802.1X, IPSec with hardware encryption, DMVPNs, etc., thus allowing for safe and scalable deployments in easy-to-manage smart grid networks.
It is able to incorporate serial interfaces (up to a total of 3 serial ports) with SCADA protocols, thus providing the versatility to connect to industrial meters, RTUs and other control devices.
The Regesta-PRO ER includes a software stack with advanced functions requires by advanced IP networks, such as QoS, policy routing, DMVPNs, VLANs and VRF, providing maximum versatility for shared services.
Data from the serial port can be transparently encapsulated with IP. The "IEC-101 to IEC-104 gateway" function also allows IEC-101 TRUs to be maintained and central management software to migrate to IEC-104.
The console port facilitates troubleshooting and installation at remote points.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- ADSL/VDSL interface (optional, licensable)
- ADSL/ADSL2+/VDSL2 compatible on analog lines (RJ11 connector)
- ADSL: Ansi, g.dmt, g.dmt.bis, g.dmt.bis-plus, g-lite. Annex A, M and L
- VDSL: G.993.2. Profiles: 8a, 8b, 8c, 8d, 12a, 12b, 17a
- Ethernet interfaces
- 6-port Ethernet switch (RJ45 connector)
- 802.3i (10 BaseT), 802.3u (100 BaseT)
- Supports duplex, IEEE 802.3u link speed auto-negotiation, VLAN and 802.1X
- Up to 3 Serial Interfaces (DB9 connector)
- Asynchronous up to 115200 bps
- RS-232 and RS-485 options
- RTS/CTS and SCADA flow control (Modbus, IEC-101/102, IEC-104 gateway)
- WWAN interface (optional)
- Built-in hardware module with EDGE/UMTS/HSPA+ or LTE technology
- 2 x external antennas with SMA connector
- Dual SIM trays (internal)
- Dimensions and weight
- L x W x H: 186 x 203 x 47 mm (without protection)
- Approximate weight: 680 gr.
- Format: DIN track and wall mounting
- Environmental specifications
- Temperature: -10 to 60º C
- Relative humidity: 5 to 95%
- Atmospheric pressure: 700 to 1060 mbars
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- ADSL/VDSL compatibility and functions
- Multiplexed VC and LLC with IP, PPPoE, PPPoA, Bridge, MLPPP support
- UBR, UBR+, VBR-nrt, VBR-rt, CBR with traffic shaping
- Up to 31 PVCs and OAM support
- IP protocol
- ARP, ARP Proxy, MTU discovery, NAT, ECMP, BFD
- RIP, OSPF, BGP, Policy based static and dynamic routing
- Virtual Router Forwarding (Multi-VRF)
- IP protocol (2)
- Multicast: IGMP (v1,v2, v3), PIM-SM, MSDP, MLD, MLDv2
- IPSLA service probes (delay, package loss, jitter)
- High availability: VRRP, TVRP (HSRP compatible)
- IPSec support in transport and tunnel mode
- Pre-shared authentication, RSA, Certificates, MDS, SHA-1
- DES (56 bits), 3DES (168 bits), AES (128, 192 and 256 bits), IKEv1, IKEv2
- Security (2)
- Certificates: CSR, SCEP, X.509v3, PKIX, LDAP revocation
- Static and dynamic access lists and Stateful Firewall
- DoS and DDoS attack detection
- IP services
- Telnet, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SFTP and SSH server and client
- NTP, LDAP, Syslog, SCP client. TFTP server
- DHCP, dynDNS relay
- Service quality
- Classification, marking, bandwidth
- Up to 32 types 16 queues per interface
- Strict policies (PQ), Low latency (LLQ), according weight/types (WFQ, CBWFQ
- Specific WWAN functions
- Automatic hand-over (passive and active probe-based detection)
- Advanced link monitoring (packet, latency, jitter error)
- Dual SIM associated with the hand-over mechanism
- CLI configuration and storage in a plain text file
- Assignment of user and user profile licenses
- RADIUS and TACACS+ compatible AAA support
- Management (2)
- Netflow, RMON V5 and V9, SNMPv1, v2c and v3, Syslog support
- Manageable via SMS
- Wireshark-compatible remote traffic capture
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Type RS232
- Default speed 9600 bps, maximum speed 115200 bps
- 2 status/speed LEDs per Ethernet port
- Certifications (I)
- 2 wireless status/coverage LEDs
- 1 system LED (configurable)
- Isolation (EN 60255-5) for electrical resistance and impulses
- Certifications (II)
- Immunity (I): EN 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-4, EN 61000-4-5
- EN 61000-4-6, EN 61000-4-8, EN 61000-4-10, EN 61000-4-12, EN 61000-4-13
- Immunity (II): EN 61000-4-18 Electrical: EN 61000-4-11 and EN 61000-4-29
- DB-9 connector with proprietary pinouts (including adapter)
- Climatic: EN 60068-2-78, EN 60068-2-2, EN 60068-2-1, EN 60068-2-14
- Mechanical: EN 60870-2-2, EN 60068-2-6 EN 60068-2-27