The Teldat 5Ge Rail is a new device which enables railway scenarios to have 5G (and higher 4G categories) connectivity with low installation cost and no losses due to long antenna cables. The 5Ge Rail, due to its small size, is able to be installed near the rooftop antenna, making easier the selection of antenna spots, and the installation itself. Featuring also PoE, for less cables, and less hassle. Its two ethernet ports enable for multiple installation scenarios.
Up to 2.5Gbps download and 650 upload, enabled for 700MHz band
Designed to withstand vibrations and extreme temp (-25 to 70°C). Certified
Communication monitoring and location tracking for dynamic routing policies per- service/link/position
The enclosure acts as a big heatsink, avoiding the use of mobile parts, which results in a higher MTBF.
5Ge-Rail is a new device which enables railway scenarios to have 5G (and higher 4G categories) connectivity with low installation cost.
Figure 1: Enhanced 5G connectivity with 5Ge-Rail Enabler
5G connectivity now, but prepared for the next SA evolution. With fallback to LTE in locations with low 5G coverage.
Operating both as a backup or as a location-selected operator, which enables for full flexibility, even in international routes.
Designed to withstand vibration and extreme temperatures (-25 to 70°C) and has full onboard train certifications (EN 50155, EN 50121-3-2, EN 301 511, EN 301 908-1, EN 45545-2).
The device sends information with different levels of security through Syslog client, SNMP traps and e-mail alerts.
Seamless integration with third party standards-based management tools (SNMP). It has also been integrated into Teldat’s Colibri network manager platform for remote monitoring and management.
The use of advanced networking protocols with multiple WAN links allows the services and management of the different solutions sharing the communications to be logically separated from each other.
Ideal for telemarketing and fleet management. The device has a GPS (accessible via a TCP port) that provides real-time geo-location data in NMEA format.
Advanced troubleshooting (such as sniffer and syslog) for analyzing service/position/coverage problems along the route. Cloud management and auto-provisioning allow even unskilled personnel to install the equipment.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- 5G-NR/LTE/WCDMA connectivity
- 5G NR Radio (Sub-6G) 3GPP Release 15 (NSA and SA modes) up to 3.33Gbps (DL)
- LTE Cat. 20, up to 2Gbps (DL). HSPA+ Cat 24/6: 42Mbps/5.76Mbps (DL/UL)
- 2 Mini-SIM (2FF) ISO/IEC 7810:2003, ID-000 (1.8V / 3V)
- GNSS interface
- Active GPS antenna with FME and NMEA protocol
- GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou/Gallileo: Up to 32 channels simultaneous tracking.
- Acquisition: -147dBm . Tracking: -163dBm. Reacquisition: -158dBm
- LAN Interface
- 2 x 10/100/ 1000 BaseT Giga-Ethernet switch (X-coded M-12 connector)
- Port managed with MDI/MDX autodetection.
- LEDs on each port for installation troubleshooting
- Configuration and I/O interface
- M-12 8P A-coded connector
- Serial RS232 Tx/Rx at 9,600 bps (configurable up to 115,200).
- One digiral I/0. Switching: 110 VDC/1 A, Voltage Minumum High/Low: 12/6 VDC
- Electrical Specifications
- Nominal Supply Voltage: 24 V or 110 V DC (fluctuation 14.4/154 VDC)
- Nominal Power Consumption 12 W, 18W max (full load), 55 W max (short time)
- PoE: According to 802.3at (PoE+) on LAN-1 (>5ºC only)
- Mechanical Specifications
- Dimensions (W x L x H): 212 x 212 x 40 mm plus 30 mm mounting kit (2x15mm)
- Weight: Approx. 3000 g. Fanless with 5 LEDs for Power, LAN1, LAN2, W, SIM
- IP40 (EN 60529) Solid particle protection >1mm.
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- IP protocol
- Multicast: IGMP (v1, v2, v3), PIM-SM, MSDP, MLD, MLDv2 PSLA service probes
- High availability: VRRP, TVRP (HSRP compatible)
- ARP, ARP Proxy, MTU discovery, NAT, ECMP, BFD RIP, OSPF, BGP
- IP Services
- Telnet, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SFTP, and SHH server and client NTP, LDAP, Syslog,
- SCP client.
- TFTP server DHCP, dynDNS relay.
- IPSec support in transport and tunnel mode (including DMVPNs)
- Pre-shared authentication, RSA, Certificates, MDS, SHA-1.
- Encryption: DES, 3DES, AES.
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Classification, marking, BW management, BW prioritisation and limitation
- Up to 32 classes 16 queues per interface Priority Queuing (PQ),
- Low latency (LLQ), by weight/type (WFQ, CBWFQ)
- CLI configuration and storage in a plain text file
- Assignment of user/group licenses RADIUS and TACACS+
- Compatible AAA support Netflow, RMON V5 and V9, SNMPv1, v2c y v3, Syslog
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Environmental Specifications
- Operating temperature range: EN 50155 OT3 from –25 to +70ºC.
- Storage temperature min. -40 °C max. +75 °C.
- Relative atmospheric humidity up to 95 %.
- Certifications and Approvals
- EN 50155. Electromagnetic compatibility EN 50121-3-2. Insulation EN 50124-1
- Fire behaviour compliance EN 45545-2. Shock and Vibration: EN 61373.
- Safety: EN 62368-1. RoHS and REACH.