The Teldat AP222ac access point supports 802.11ac technology and is a professional product for scenarios requiring high bandwidth and high performance. Featuring two radio modules, it offers simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi connections for clearly differentiated corporate or end-user services, making it ideal for offices with high user density. It is a flexible device that can operate as a standalone AP (controlling up to 5 additional access points), as part of a WWAN solution managed by a Teldat router (WLC), or centrally managed via Colibri NetManager.
AP222ac is an AP specifically adapted for offices that want to offer professional wireless connectivity by separating services and clients onto different bands
It supports airtime fairness, band steering, IAPP roaming (802.11f), WMM 802.11e, and SSID client/bandwidth limits.
Web configuration (http/https), telnet, SSH, SNMP, CAPWAP support from WLC in Teldat router, Dime Manager configurator (up to 50 devices), Colibri NetManager
In can manage/configure up to 5 additional access points in Master-AP mode.
The Teldat AP222ac access point features one 802.11bgn 2.4 GHz radio module and one 802.11ac/an 5 GHz radio module, both with 2x2 MIMO, allowing it to operate in both bands at the same time and offer up to 867 Mbps speeds with ac technology. It is equipped with two Gigabit LAN interfaces and features built-in dual-band antennas. It includes airtime fairness and band steering to optimize bandwidth usage in diverse client scenarios with high- and low-range terminals. It supports 20/40/80 Mhz channels, beamforming, Maximum Ratio Combining (MRC), Space Time Block Coding (STBC), and Low Density Parity Check (LDPC). In terms of security, it is includes 802.11i for user athentication, ACLs and WIPS/WIDS. The AP222n can operate as a standalone AP or it can be managed by a Teldat router (WLC) or Colibri NetManager. Client and bandwidth limits can be configured and it supports up to 32 SSIDs/VLANs.
AP operating mode controlled by a Teldat router connects the office to the WAN network and allows the access points to be automatically configured and monitored.
Figure 1: AP222ac AP operating mode controlled by a router
AP operating mode managed from Colibri NetManager (CNM) with automatic provisioning/start-up facilitates simple and efficient deployment of the Wi-Fi service in a remote office network.
Figure 2: AP222ac AP operating mode managed from CNM
An 802.11bgn 2.4 GHz radio module and an 802.11ac 5 GHz radio module, both with 2x2 MIMO, and up to 23 dBm of transmit power allow the device to provide connectivity to terminals operating in both frequency bands.
You can set a threshold for the maximum number of connected clients. When this threshold is reached, clients are diverted to neighboring APs or to the usually less congested 5 GHz band.
Malicious clients and APs that are included on a dynamic black list are reported to the controller or Colibri NetManager.
40 MHz bandwidth for 802.11n and short guard interval of up to 300 Mbps; 80 MHz bandwidth for 802.11ac and short guard interval of up to 867 Mbps.
Optimized power consumption by downgrading the connection to 1x1 MIMO when there are no connected clients, turning off the LEDs and reducing the Ethernet power consumption (802.3az). FA not included by default.
It supports up to 16 SSIDs per radio module and up to 32 VLANs (802.1q). You can assign one LAN per SSID to differentiate network traffic.
It allows for directional transmission to a terminal connected to the network, optimizing the signal-noise ratio perceived by the receiver and improving the data flow considerably.
The device sends information with different levels of security via Syslog, SNMP traps and e-mail alerts.
In-depth radio interface monitoring: SSIDs, connected clients, signal/noise, transfer rate, packet Rx/Tx.
Automatic configuration from a Teldat router (WLC) or Colibri NetManager. This reduces the risk of configuration errors in large-scale deployments as pre-validated templates are used.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Interfaces and connectors
- LAN: 2 x 10/100/1000 Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX, RJ-45 connector
- Wi-Fi: 1 x 802.11bgn (2.4 GHz) and 1 x 802.11ac/an (5 GHz) module, 2x2MIMO
- Kensington-compatible security protection
- Dimensions and casing
- Approx. 15.9 cm x 14.5 cm x 4.3 cm (width x depth x height)
- Lightweight plastic casing
- Controllable LEDs: status/flash/off
- Built-in 2.4/5 GHz dual band antennas
- 2.4 Ghz: 5 dBm gain, 5 GHz: 6 dBm gain
- Environmental specifications and consumption
- Operating temperature range: 0 to 40 °C; Storage: -10 to 70°C
- Relative humidity: 10 to 95% (without condensation)
- Max: 12.4W
- Power Supply
- Optional external line: 9V/1,3A DC; 100-240 AC
- European connector
- Optional PoE injector: 802.3af or 803.3at
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Wi-Fi interface
- Beamforming, Short Guard Interval, adjustable DTIM, Maximum Ratio Combining
- Multi-SSID, up to 16 per radio, each with a MAC address
- SSID broadcast, allowed/blocked
- Wi-Fi optimization
- Airtime fairness; client load balancing and limitation
- Per user/SSID bandwidth limitation
- WMM 802.11e QoS
- Wi-Fi security and authentication
- Open, WEP64/128, WPA Personal/Enterprise, WPA2 Personal/Enterprise
- 802.1x/EAP-MD5, 802.1x/EAP-TLS, 802.1x/EAP-TTLS, 802.1x/EAP-PEAP
- Key Management, PSK/TKIP Encryption, AES Encryption
- Detection mechanisms
- MAC filtering (dynamic blacklist )
- Wireless Intrusion Detection System (WIDS)
- Wireless Protection System (WIPS)
- HTTP/HTTPS, telnet, SSH, Dime Manager, Colibri NetManager
- SNMP (v1, v2, v3), traps (v1, v2, v3), SNMP ACLs
- Configuration backup/restoration
- Operating modes
- Standalone AP WLAN
- Managed by a Teldat router
- Managed from Colibri NetManager
- Syslog Client with different message severity levels
- E-mail alerts
- Programming interface, interface activation/deactivation, SSIDs, etc.
- Energy management
- Reduction of PoE consumption during idle periods (802.3az)
- Change to 1x1 MIMO when there are no connected clients
- WMM 802.11e power save
- Compatible IEEE 802.1q
- Up to 32 VLANs
- Managed by an external WLC or AP-Master
- CAPWAP (DHCP option RFC1517)
- As Master-AP, it manages up to 5 additional access points
- Configuration and monitoring for managed access points
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- NTP client/server, manual configuration
- DHCP client, DHCP server, DHPC relay (not in Master-AP mode)
- VPN: IPSec, L2TP, PTP, GRE
- Additional components
- EN301 489-1; EN301 893;EN60601-1-2 (medical electrical devices - Part 1-2)
- EU wall power source (APPSEU0001)
- US wall power source (APPSUS0001)