The Teldat APO222n is an outdoor access point protected by an IP65 water-resistant metal housing. It is capable of supporting temperatures ranging from -25 to 70ºC, making it particularly suitable for use in places with extreme weather conditions such as airports, business parks, gardens, etc. It has 4 optional external antennas with type-N connectors for protection from exposure to humidity. There is also a pole-mount kit available for mounting the device on a pole. It can operate in standalone, managed, client and bridge-link mode, allowing connectivity to be extended beyond company walls.
The APO222n is an access point specially adapted for public outdoor spaces, warehouses, parks or gardens where you want to provide an Internet connection.
It supports airtime fairness, client load balancing, and per-SSID client (up to 250) and bandwidth limits.
Web configuration (http/https), telnet, SSH, SNMP, CAPWAP support from WLC on Teldat router, Dime Manager (up to 50 devices), Colibri NetManager.
It can manage up to 5 additional access points in master-AP operating mode.
The Teldat APO222n is an IP65 industrial-grade access point with two 802.11abgn radio modules with 2x2 MIMO that works simultaneously in 2.4/5GHz and provides bandwidth speeds of 2 x 300 Mbps. It has two Gigabit Lan interfaces and built-in PoE, allowing it to provide Internet connections for professional settings with special environmental conditions. It supports airtime fairness, client and bandwidth limiting, and up to 32 SSIDs with associated VLANs for service separation. In terms of security, it includes 802.11i for user authentication (Enterprise WPA/WPA2), ACLs, and WIPS/WIDS. The APO221n supports advanced monitoring, incident alerts via SNMP traps/Syslog, and even sending alarms via email. Using the bridge-link functionality (master/client), radio links can be extended between outdoor zones in point-to-multipoint mode by up to 8 levels.
Master-AP operating mode for the control of up to 5 additional APs. This mode allows you to deploy a Wi-Fi network without any additional hardware.
Figure 1: APO222n bridge-link operating mode
AP operating mode managed from Colibri NetManager (CNM) with auto-provisioning and automatic startup enabling fast and easy deployment of the Wi-Fi service across the desired area.
Figure 2: APO222n AP operating mode managed from CNM
Two radio modules that support 2.4 GHz (indoor/outdoor: 2412-2484 MHz) and 5GHz (indoor: 5150-5350 MHz, outdoor: 5470-5725MHz) with automatic channel selection and link-speed auto-negotiation (ARS).
Per-SSID user bandwidth limits.
Rogue AP/client detection and notification via SNMP/Syslog alerts from the WLC (if available) or shown on the dashboard for those with Colibri NetManager (CNM).
Clients connected to the access point can be prevented from seeing each other, thus providing an additional network security mechanism.
The device consumes a maximum of 8.7W. This can drop to 4.8 W in standby mode (after 5 minutes of inactivity).
It supports up to 32 SSIDs and 32 VLANs (802.1q). You can assign one VLAN per SSID to differentiate network traffic.
It can act as AP/bridge-link master to connect other APs in bridge-link client mode.
The device can generate Syslog, SNMP traps and email alerts with different severity levels.
In-depth radio interface monitoring: SSIDs, connected clients, signal/noise, transfer rate, packet Rx/Tx.
The device is automatically configured from a Teldat router (WLC) or Colibri NetManager using pre-validated templates, thus reducing the risk of configuration errors in large-scale deployments.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Interfaces and connectors
- LAN: 2x10/100/1000 Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX, RJ-45 connector (HPP V4)
- Wi-Fi: 2 x 2.4/5 Ghz 802.11a/b/g/n/h radio module with dual 2x2 MIMO
- Wall kit with Kensington-compatible security
- Dimensions and housing
- Approx. 14.0 cm x 17.8 cm x 6.6 cm (Width x Depth x Height)
- Aluminium housing
- IP65 protection against exposure to dust and moisture
- Four type-N connectors
- 2.4 Ghz: 4 dBm gain, 5 GHz: 3 dBm gain
- Environmental specifications and consumption
- Operating temperature range: -25 to 70 °C
- Max: 8.7 W, Standby: 7.3 W
- Weight: 1300g
- Power supply
- Optional external line: 12-24V DC/1.4A M12 connector
- Optional PoE injector: 802.3af or 803.3at.
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Wi-Fi interface
- Automatic transfer rate and channel selection
- Multi-SSID, up to 16 per radio and each with MAC address
- SSID broadcast allowed/blocked
- Wi-Fi optimization
- Airtime fairness, per-client load balancing/limiting, IAPP roaming (802.11f
- Per-SSID user bandwidth limiting
- WMM 802.11e QoS
- Wi-Fi security and authentication
- Open, WEP64/128, WPA Personal/Enterprise, WPA2 Personal/Enterprise
- 802.1x/EAP-MD5, 802.1x/EAP-TLS, 802.1x/EAP-TTLS, 802.1x/EAP-PEAP
- Key Management, PSK/TKIP Encryption, AES Encryption
- Detection mechanisms
- MAC filtering
- Wireless Intrusion Detection System (WIDS)
- Wireless Protection Detection System (WIPS)
- HTTP/HTTPS, telnet, SSH, Dime Manager, Colibri NetManager
- SNMP (v1, v2, v3), traps (v1, v2, v3), SNMP ACLs
- Configuration backup/restoration
- Operating modes
- Standalone WLAN AP, managed by a WLC or Colibri NetManager
- Point-to-point/point-multipoint WLAN bridge
- WLAN Client
- Syslog client with different severity levels
- Email alerts for selected events
- Programming reset, interface activation/deactivation, SSID, etc.
- Energy management
- Reduced PoE consumption during idle periods
- Change to 1x1 MIMO when there are no clients connected
- WMM 802.11e power save
- Supports IEEE 802.1q
- Up to 32 VLANs
- Managed by an external WLC or AP-Master
- CAPWAP (DHCP option RFC1517)
- Manages up to 5 additional APs as master-AP
- Monitoring and statistics of managed APs
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Operating mode functions: WLAN Client
- DHCP Client, DHCP Server, DHPC Relay
- VPN: IPSec, L2TP, PTP, GRE
- WEP60/128, WPA/WPA2 personal security
- Operating mode functions: WLAN Bridge
- Configurable roaming (deactivated, slow, normal, quick, personalised)
- It can act as master or client
- CE configuration
- NTP Client, NTP Server, manual configuration
- R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EG; EN 60950-1 (IEC60950); EN 300 328
- EN 301 489-17; EN 301 489-1; EN 301 893;