The bintec W2022ac is an access point based on the latest 802.11ac standard and supports MU-MIMO. This allows single-antenna mobile devices to use all the transmission streams of the access point and twice as many mobile connections compared to 802.11ac first-generation without sacrificing performance.
Functionality and security methods; WPA3-Personal & WPA3-Enterprise, older device compatibility with WPA3 /2 mode, secure Opportunistic Wireless Encryption method (OWE) for guest networks and public HotSpots.
Since a WLAN-Controller is integrated in almost all the CIT Routers, the installation becomes child's play. In addition, the bintec W2022ac is ready for the new SD-WAN solution be.SDx.
Ceiling mount accessory available for suspended system ceilings or direct mounting on wood or concrete. Not necessary for mounting on the wall.
Five-year warranty on the hardware of the bintec W2022ac.
802.11ac/Wi-Fi 5 MU-MIMO
Supporting many concurrent users with good performance
Web configuration (http/https), CAPWAP support from WLAN Controller in Teldat router, SDWAN be.SDx
Ceiling mount kit, Powered over PoE IEEE 802.3af, compatible with 802.3at PoE injectors
The bintec W2022ac is an access point based on the latest 802.11ac MU-MIMO that allows single-antenna mobile devices to use all the transmission streams of the access point. Compared to 802.11ac first-generation APs, which supports only SU-MIMO, twice as many mobile devices can connect to the W2022ac without sacrificing performance. Equipped with two Gigabit LAN interfaces and two optimized single-band antennas per radio module. It includes airtime fairness and client band select to 5GHz. Supports 20/40/80 MHz channels, beamforming, MRC, Block-Acknowlegde, STBC and LDPC. Regarding worth-mentioning security and functionality methods, it supports WPA3-Personal, WPA3-Enterprise, WPA3/2 mode and secure Opportunistic Wireless Encryption method (OWE), among other legacy methods such us short guard interval, ACLs and WIPS/WIDS. The W2022ac can operate as a standalone AP or be managed by a Teldat router (WLC) or the new SD-WAN beSDx.
Figure 1: W2022ac AP operating mode controlled by a router
Figure 2: W2022ac AP operating mode managed from beSDx
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Interfaces and connectors
- LAN/WAN: 2 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet, autosensing, auto MDI/MDI-X
- 1 x 802.11bgn (2.4 GHz) 2x2MIMO, 1 x 802.11ac/an (5 GHz) 2x2 MU-MIMO
- Integrated two antenna elements for each radio
- 2 dBm gain @ 2,4 GHz; 3 dBm gain @ 5 GHz.
- Power supply
- External wall power supply 230V / 12V DC, 1A
- high efficient switching power supply
- PoE : IEEE 802.3af, compatible with 802.3at PoE injectors
- Dimensions and casing
- Approx. 190 mm x 190 mm x 38 mm (width x depth x height)
- Approx. 505 g
- Status LEDs, Activity for WLAN1, WLAN2 and Ethernet, LEDs defeatable
- Environmental Specifications and consumption
- Temperature operating: 0°C to 40°C; storage: -10°C to 70°C
- Relative humidity 10 to 95% (non condensing)
- Max: 8.95 Watt
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Wi-Fi Interface
- Beamforming, Low SNR threshold management, Data rate trimming, Client Band
- Broadcast SSID
- IGMP Snooping, Multicast to Unicast converting of WLAN data.
- Wi-Fi optimization
- Airtime Fairness, Client overload protection; Clients shifting between APs
- Client Band Select, Data rate trimming, Fast BSS Transition 802.11r
- 802.11k/v/r, IAPP, support according 802.11f, Low SNR threshold management
- IEEE802.11i Authentication and encryption
- 802.1x/EAP-MD5, 802.1x/EAP-TLS, 802.1x/EAP-TTLS, 802.1x/EAP-PEAP, key manag
- OWE-Transition, OWE, Open
- WLAN Security Modes
- WPA3-SAE, WPA2/3-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA1/2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise,
- WPA3-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, WPA2/3-Enterprise, WPA1/2-Enterprise,
- Up to 8 different RADIUS servers for WPAx Enterprise to individuals SSIDs
- Detection mechanisms
- MAC address filter for WLAN clients (white list)
- WIDS (Wireless Intrusion Detection System); Rogue AP, Neighbor AP
- Cloud Management via beSDx, ZTP,
- WLAN Controller; Discovery protocol, Active/Deactive WLAN SSID
- Background scanning, Performance Monitoring
- Operating Modes
- Standalone AP
- Managed by a Teldat router
- Managed from beSDx
- Power optimization
- Energy Management
- MIMO 1x1 shift down
- 802.3az support, U-APSD: Unscheduled Automatic Power Save Delivery
- LED Mode; Status, Flashing, Off
- Per SSID one VLAN ID available.
- Static VLAN configuration according IEEE 802.1q; up to 16 VLANs supported.
- Network segments on layer2 possible.
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Directive 2014/53/EU, 2011/65/EU, 2009/125/EU, EN 60950-1; EN 62311;
- EN 301489-1; EN301489-17; EN 300 328; EN 301893; EN 50581;
- EN 60601-1-2 (Medical devices - part 1-2)
- Additional components
- MS5500002091 Power supply 12V with EU socket
- MSXXXXXXXX Power Supply Unit - Interchangeable plug (on development)
- MS5530000338 Gigabit PoE Injector
- Open Source Information at bintec's webpage
- MS5520000163 Ceiling mounting W2022ac