Modernization of communications in Madrid pharmacies
The Teldat-M1 is a compact router for small to medium-sized offices that require high-speed connections. The installation of this device improves pharmacy services for citizens by allowing pharmacies to access electronic prescription systems.
- The client was looking to modernize the communications in Madrid pharmacies.
- The pharmacies should have access to the Ministry of Health’s electronic prescription network.
- Reliability and security: connection stability and data security are fundamental.
- The need for a non-residential network that allows access to the Ministry of Health’s app.
- Teldat-M1: compact router for small to medium-sized offices that require high-speed connections.
- Fiber: provides greater bandwidth and allows other services (e.g., dynamic marketing) to be added.
- 4G backup: for seamless, reliable connections.
- Security: ACLs, Firewall, 802.1X, IPSec (optional hardware encryption), etc.
- Teldat has a long tradition of serving corporate networks in the pharmaceutical sector.
- The device’s technical features are perfectly suited for pharmacy scenarios.
- The Teldat-M1 ensures high quality regarding the project’s security requirements.
- The quality and aptitude of Teldat’s Commercial and Support departments.
The client is a public law corporation that groups and represents pharmacy graduates that have their sole or main professional address within its territorial area.
It has more than 11,000 members and around 90 employees. The client offers its graduates a series of services to help them develop their professional practice.
The client sought to upgrade the communications in the pharmacies to allow them to access the Ministry of Health’s electronic prescription service, and hence provide citizens with a better service.
To achieve this, the pharmacies required a device that would adapt to the size of their business and, at the same time, provide high-speed communications.
The device needed to be able to provide a stable, reliable connection, since any loss of connectivity would seriously affect pharmacy performance and, therefore, the service to citizens – no medicines can be dispensed while connectivity is down.
The electronic prescription service implies access to treatment data on thousands of patients. For this reason, the device needed to comply with all safety standards to avoid leaks in violation of medical data protection laws.
Teldat proposes to install the Teldat-M1 in the pharmacies. This device is a compact router for small to medium-sized offices that require high-speed connections. Its fanless design ensures minimum noise, so it can be installed inside the pharmacies.
In addition, the Teldat-M1 favors the use of 4G connections for the greater availability of coverage than that in installations in technical rooms or cupboards. Despite being a compact router, it can reach symmetrical speeds of up to 600 Mbps. In addition to WAN Ethernet connectivity and a 4-port LAN Ethernet switch, it has a Wi-Fi access point and 4G connectivity. This means greater bandwidth, reliable connectivity, and room to add additional services (e.g., dynamic marketing, Wi-Fi services, etc.,) and even migrate to SD-WAN scenarios later without changing the router.
The device includes advanced software perfectly suited to professional networks, such as pharmacies. Finally, corporate communications require corporate security. In this regard, the Teldat-M1 provides state-of-the-art security – ACLs, Firewall, 802.1X, IPSec (optional hardware encryption), etc., – at no extra cost.
The following results were achieved by installing the Teldat-M1 devices in the pharmacies:
- Modernized communications for Madrid pharmacies, with said pharmacies able to access the Ministry of Health’s app responsible for storing and managing electronic prescriptions.
- High-speed communications, ensuring stable services for citizens and sales.
- Guaranteed security and compliance with patient data protection laws.
- Room to add additional services (e.g., Dynamic Marketing, Wi-Fi services, etc.,) or even migrate to SD-WAN scenarios in the future.
Teldat has a long tradition of providing services to corporate networks in the pharmaceutical sector, so it is perfectly capable of understanding the needs and requirements of these types of companies. The Teldat-M1’s technical performance and ability to adapt to each scenario were also important for Teldat being chosen to modernize the communications in Madrid pharmacies.