Add connectivity to any type of vehicle
Whether it’s on-board transit, public safety or any other type of vehicle, Teldat’s communication platform gives 4G/LTE connectivity.
Vehicles in the transit, public safety sectors and others increasingly require routers to be placed on their vehicles for reliable connectivity within the vehicle and with external networks, for when the vehicle is in motion or stationed.
Installing advanced IP routers on-board can provide services for passengers as well as, fleet management, on board security, direct communication with control centers, etc. Environmental requirements within a vehicle are not easy to be meet, hence manufactures of these devices have comply to the high level requirements.
Teldat has developed the Teldat H1-Automotive+ and Teldat H2-Automotive to provide advanced services aboard vehicles, such as buses, trucks, ambulances, fire engines and police vehicles among others.
These in-vehicle router services include management and monitoring of the vehicle, security, and benefits for the occupants. The in-vehicle routers are prepared to endure the rigorous conditions that operating aboard a moving vehicle demands.
The Teldat H1-Automotive+ router supports higher speeds and offers more redundancy options than its predecessors, whilst the Teldat H2-Automotive router stands out for being able to have up to three interfaces for WWAN or WLAN.
- Passengers need connectivity to Internet whilst on any type of transportation. Whether travelling on a short urban bus route for pleasure or on the way to work. The reasons for Internet connectivity may be different, but connectivity is always a requirement.
- Especially for drivers on bus routes with higher levels of insecurity, the panic button with Teldat transport routers is not only a warning to the control center that there is a security issue. As it can be accompanied by live video, precise action can be taken to eliminate the problem. Hence bus drivers' security, as well as passengers' security increases.
- Police patrol cars can approach buses in motion which have a current security issue on them and connect to the video surveillance of the moving bus, so as to see exactly what is occurring. This increases considerably efficiency of the action taken by the police authority.
- With just one Teldat communication platform, a vehicle can be connected to two or three telecommunication carriers. One as the main line network and the second and third to act as a fallback network, which is automatically activated.
- Whether extreme high or low temperatures need to be tolerated. Teldat routers for vehicles can withstand temperatures from -30º C to +70º C (-20º F to 160º F). This is essential because not all world regions have mild climates.
Offer 4G/LTE connectivity for passengers
More than just a panic button
Direct connectivity with police patrol cars
Dual Carrier connectivity
Extreme temperature solutions
Read here to know more on our communication platforms for this solution
Teldat H2-Automotive and Teldat H2-Automotive+.
Teldat H1-Automotive+ was set up by a North American public transit company on their fleet of buses to offer both passengers and staff secure on-board communications, using LTE and 802.11n Wi-Fi, QoS, VPN and GPS based location services, including Geo-Fence.
A public transit company, operating bus routes in Florida (USA), installed H1-Automotive+ on their buses to offer Wi-Fi 802.11n with LTE to make traveler experience more pleasant and convenient, as well as having separate Wi-Fi (client & access point) for staff to transmit video and data, permitting QoS, VPN and GPS.
- High throughput with dual 4G/LTE simultaneous connections
- 4G/LTE Dual SIM capacity from different operators.
- 2 x 802.11n Wi-Fi modules. Fallback or increase capacity
- Optimized mechanical / hardware design for in-vehicle
- Handles voltage peaks for large life span & low MTBF
- Link aggregation, load-balance & application continuity
- Platform for multiple secured and isolated services
- Embedded standard-based GPS for 3rd party applications
- Position-based dynamic behavior
- Advanced troubleshooting, fine-tuning & cloud-based
- 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11n, GB Ethernet, serial and USB
- Capable of handling many applications on each vehicle
- High & low temperature. -30º to +70ºC (-20º to 160º F)