The Teldat AP222n-ext access point is a professional product for scenarios that require simultaneous dual-band wireless connections. It allows smartphones, tablets and laptops to use the less congested 5 GHz band while leaving the 2.4 GHz band for traditional devices. It has 4 external dual-band antennas which can be replaced by an omnidirectional antenna when necessary. It is a flexible device that can operate as a WLAN controller for 5 additional access points, thus reducing the cost of hardware for offfices with Wi-Fi.
AP222n is an AP specifically adapted for offices that want to offer professional wireless connectivity by separating services and clients onto different bands.
It supports airtime fairness, band steering, IAPP roaming (802.11f), WMM 802.11e, and SSID client/bandwidth limits.
Web configuration (http/https), telnet, SSH, SNMP, CAPWAP support from WLC in Teldat router, Dime Manager configurator (up to 50 devices), Colibri NetManager
It can manage/configure up to 5 additional access points in master-AP mode
The Teldat AP222n-ext access point features two radio modules that allow it to operate on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands at the same time. It has two Gigabit LAN interfaces and external dual-band antennas. It includes Airtime Fairness and band steering to optimize bandwidth usage in diverse client scenarios with high and low-range terminals. It supports 20/40 MHz channels, beamforming and allows you to configure advanced network parameters such as the DTIM-period and the short guard interval. In terms of security, it includes 802.11i for user authentication, ACLS and WIDS/WIPS to detect rogue APs or malicious users.
The AP222n-ext can operate as a standalone AP, managed by a Teldat router (WLC), or it can be integrated in Colibri NetManager. It allows you to control the number of connected users, set bandwidth limits, and supports up to 32 SSIDs/VLANs to offer service separation.
AP operating mode controlled by a Teldat router connects the office to the WAN network and allows the access points to be automatically configured and monitored.
Figure 1: AP222n-ext AP operating mode controlled by a route
AP operating mode managed from Colibri NetManager (CNM) with automatic provisioning/start-up facilitates simple and efficient deployment of the Wi-Fi service in a remote office network.
Figure 2: AP222n-ext AP operating mode managed from CNM
Two 802.11a/b/g/n/h 2.4/5 GHz radio modules with 2x2 MIMO and a 23 dBm transmit power allow the device to provide connectivity to terminals that work on both bands.
You can set a threshold for the maximum number of clients. When this threshold is reached, clients are diverted to neighboring APs or to the 5 GHz band, which is usually less congested.
Malicious clients and APs that are included on a dynamic blacklist are reported to the controller or Colibri NetManager.
It allows you to double the transfer rate by combining two 20 MHz channels to form one 40 MHz channel. Optimum configuration of the short guard interval will allow a fourfold increase in the available bandwidth.
Optimized power consumption by downgrading the connection to 1x1 MIMO when there are no connected clients, turning off LEDs, and reducing Ethernet power consumption (802.3az). FA not included by default.
It supports up to 16 SSIDs per radio module and up to 32 VLANs (802.1q). You can assign one LAN per SSID to differentiate network traffic.
It can act as AP/bridge-link master to connect other APs in bridge-link client mode, thus extending the area of connectivity to points away from the office.
The device sends Syslog, SNMP traps and email alerts with different levels of severity.
In-depth radio interface monitoring: SSIDs, connected clients, signal/noise, transfer rate, packet Rx/Tx.
Automatic configuration from a Teldat router (WLC) or Colibri NetManager, thus reducing the risk of configuration errors in large-scale deployments by using pre-validated templates.
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Interfaces and connectors
- LAN: 2 x 10/100/1000 Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX, RJ-45 connector
- Wi-Fi: Two 802.11abgnh (2.4/5 GHz) modules with 2x2:2 MIMO
- Kensington-compatible security protection
- Dimensions and casing
- Approx. 15.9 cm x 14.5 cm x 4.3 cm (width x depth x height)
- Lightweight plastic casing
- 4 x 2.4/5 GHz external dual band antennas
- 2.4 Ghz: 5 dBm gain, 5 GHz: 6 dBm gain
- Environmental specifications and consumption
- Operating temperature range: 0 to 40 °C; Storage: -10 to 70°C
- Relative humidity: 10 to 95% (without condensation)
- Max: 8.2 W
- Power Supply
- Optional external line: 9V/1,3A DC; 100-240 AC
- European connector
- Optional PoE injector: 802.3af or 803.3at
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Wi-Fi interface
- Beamforming, Short Guard Interval, adjustable DTIM, Maximum Ratio Combining
- Multi-SSID, up to 16 per radio and each with a MAC address
- SSID broadcast allowed/blocked
- Wi-Fi optimization
- Airtime fairness, client load-balancing and limiting, IAPP roaming 802.11f
- Per-user and SSID bandwidth limiting
- WMM 802.11e QoS
- Wi-Fi security and authentication
- Open, WEP64/128, WPA Personal/Enterprise, WPA2 Personal/Enterprise
- 802.1x/EAP-MD5, 802.1x/EAP-TLS, 802.1x/EAP-TTLS, 802.1x/EAP-PEAP
- Key management, PSK/TKIP Encryption, AES Encryption
- Detection mechanisms
- MAC filtering (dynamic blacklist )
- WIDS (Wireless Intrusion Detection System)
- WIPS (Wireless Protection Detection System)
- HTTP/HTTPS, telnet, SSH, Dime Manager, Colibri NetManager
- SNMP (v1, v2, v3), traps (v1, v2, v3), SNMP ACLs
- Configuration backup/restoration
- Operating modes
- Standalone WLAN AP, controlled by a WLC or Colibri NetManager
- Point-to-point/point-multipoint WLAN bridge
- WLAN Client
- Syslog client with different message severity levels
- Email alerts
- Programming reset, interface activation/deactivation, SSIDs, etc.
- Energy management
- Reduced PoE consumption during idle periods (802.3az)
- Change to 1x1 MIMO when no clients are connected
- 802.11e WMM power save
- Supports IEEE 802.1q
- Up to 32 VLANs
- Managed by an external WLC or master-AP
- CAPWAP (DHCP option RFC1517)
- Manages up to 5 additional access points as master-AP
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Operating mode functions: WLAN Client
- DHCP Client, DHCP Server, DHPC Relay(Not in Master-AP mode)
- VPN: IPSec, L2TP, PTP, GRE
- WEP60/128, WPA/WPA2 personal security
- Operating mode functions: WLAN Bridge
- Configurable roaming (off, slow, normal, fast, custom)
- It can act as master or client
- 802.11abgn Wi-Fi certification
- R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EG; EN60950-1 (IEC60950); EN300 328;EN301 489-17
- EN301 489-1; EN301 893;EN60601-1-2 (medical electrical devices - Part1-2)