The bintec W2022a-extc is an access point based on the latest 802.11ac standard and supports MU-MIMO. This allows single-antenna mobile devices to use all the transmission streams of the access point and twice as many mobile connections compared to 802.11ac first-generation without sacrificing performance.
Functionality and security methods; WPA3-Personal & WPA3-Enterprise, older device compatibility with WPA3 /2 mode, secure Opportunistic Wireless Encryption method (OWE) for guest networks and public HotSpots.
Since a WLAN-Controller is integrated in CIT Routers, the installation becomes child's play. In addition, the bintec W2022ac-ext is ready for the new SD-WAN solution be.SDx.
Ceiling mount accessory available for suspended system ceilings or direct mounting on wood or concrete. Not necessary for mounting on the wall.
Five-year warranty on the hardware of the bintec W2022ac-ext.
802.11ac/Wi-Fi 5 MU-MIMO
Supporting many concurrent users with good performance
Web configuration (http/https), CAPWAP support from WLAN Controller in Teldat router, CNMv5.1 support
Ceiling mount kit, Powered over PoE IEEE 802.3af, compatible with 802.3at PoE injectors
The bintec W2022ac-ext is an access point based on the latest 802.11ac MU-MIMO that allows single-antenna mobile devices to use all the transmission streams of the access point. Compared to 802.11ac first-generation APs, which supports only SU-MIMO, twice as many mobile devices can connect to the W2022ac-ext without sacrificing performance. Equipped with two Gigabit LAN interfaces and two optimized single-band antennas per radio module. It includes airtime fairness and client band select to 5GHz. Supports 20/40/80 MHz channels, beamforming, MRC, Block-Acknowlegde, STBC and LDPC. Regarding worth-mentioning security and functionality methods, it supports WPA3-Personal, WPA3-Enterprise, WPA3/2 mode and secure Opportunistic Wireless Encryption method (OWE), among other legacy methods such us short guard interval, ACLs and WIPS/WIDS. The W2022ac-ext can operate as a standalone AP or be managed by a Teldat router (WLC) or the new SD-WAN beSDx
Figure 1: W2022ac-ext AP operating mode controlled by a router
HARDWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Interfaces and connectors
- LAN/WAN: 2 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet, autosensing, auto MDI/MDI-X
- 1 x 802.11bgn (2.4 GHz) 2x2MIMO, 1 x 802.11ac/an (5 GHz) 2x2 MU-MIMO
- Two external antenna elements for each radio
- 2 dBm gain @ 2,4 GHz; 3 dBm gain @ 5 GHz.
- Power supply
- External wall power supply 230V / 12V DC, 1A
- high efficient switching power supply
- PoE : IEEE 802.3af, compatible with 802.3at PoE injectors
- Dimensions and casing
- Approx. 190 mm x 190 mm x 38 mm (width x depth x height)
- Approx. 505 g
- Status LEDs, Activity for WLAN1, WLAN2 and Ethernet, LEDs defeatable
- Environmental Specifications and consumption
- Temperature operating: 0°C to 40°C; storage: -10°C to 70°C
- Relative humidity 10 to 95% (non condensing)
- Max: 8.95 Watt
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Wi-Fi Interface
- Beamforming, Low SNR threshold management, Data rate trimming, Client Band
- Broadcast SSID
- IGMP Snooping, Multicast to Unicast converting of WLAN data.
- Wi-Fi optimization
- Airtime Fairness, Client overload protection; Clients shifting between APs
- Client Band Select, Data rate trimming, Fast BSS Transition 802.11r
- 802.11k/v/r, IAPP, support according 802.11f, Low SNR threshold management
- IEEE802.11i Authentication and encryption
- 802.1x/EAP-MD5, 802.1x/EAP-TLS, 802.1x/EAP-TTLS, 802.1x/EAP-PEAP, key manag
- OWE-Transition, OWE, Open
- WLAN Security Modes
- WPA3-SAE, WPA2/3-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA1/2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise,
- WPA3-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, WPA2/3-Enterprise, WPA1/2-Enterprise,
- Up to 8 different RADIUS servers for WPAx Enterprise to individuals SSIDs
- Detection mechanisms
- MAC address filter for WLAN clients (white list)
- WIDS (Wireless Intrusion Detection System); Rogue AP, Neighbor AP
- Cloud Management via beSDx, ZTP
- WLAN Controller; Discovery protocol, Active/Deactive WLAN SSID
- Background scanning, Performance Monitoring
- Operating Modes
- Standalone AP
- Managed by a Teldat router
- Managed from beSDx
- Power optimization
- Energy Management
- MIMO 1x1 shift down
- 802.3az support, U-APSD: Unscheduled Automatic Power Save Delivery
- LED Mode; Status, Flashing, Off
- Per SSID one VLAN ID available.
- Static VLAN configuration according IEEE 802.1q; up to 16 VLANs supported.
- Network segments on layer2 possible.
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Directive 2014/53/EU, 2011/65/EU, 2009/125/EU, EN 60950-1; EN 62311;
- EN 301489-1; EN301489-17; EN 300 328; EN 301893; EN 50581;
- EN 60601-1-2 (Medical devices - part 1-2)
- Additional components
- MS5500002091 Power supply 12V with EU socket
- MSXXXXXXX Power Supply Unit - Interchangeable plug (on development)
- 5530000338 Gigabit PoE Injector
- Open Source Information at bintec's website
- 5520000163 Ceiling mounting W2022ac